Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Sophmore?

AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Now that I am a newly-minted sophomore, can someone tell me why the official designation is misspelled, and remains uncorrected after all this time? I ran a search of old threads and couldn't find that this topic has ever been discussed. Maybe I missed it. As is, I can't figure out why DawgNation would leave it the way it is. Hopefully somebody can straighten me out. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

^^^^*Things that make you go hmmmmmm

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AnotherDawg said:
    Now that I am a newly-minted sophomore, can someone tell me why the official designation is misspelled, and remains uncorrected after all this time? I ran a search of old threads and couldn't find that this topic has ever been discussed. Maybe I missed it. As is, I can't figure out why DawgNation would leave it the way it is. Hopefully somebody can straighten me out. Thanks.

Nice catch. Should be fixed before we get compared to our more “rural”cousins.

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

Thanks. As a former English major I can't help it. I never correct spelling or grammar in the posts because that's obnoxious, but it's entirely different having the site itself with a mistake like this that appears on screen a thousand times each day.

@SavageDawg17 - do you know how to get this resolved? Or who to ask? It's a simple fix and should take about 30 seconds to do. Then we can go back to talking football!

• Options
    BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Propar speeling and those that corect us that can't speel will knot be tollerated......

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It’s an inside joke... for somebody

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AnotherDawg said:

@donm said:

Thanks. As a former English major I can't help it. I never correct spelling or grammar in the posts because that's obnoxious, but it's entirely different having the site itself with a mistake like this that appears on screen a thousand times each day.

@SavageDawg17 - do you know how to get this resolved? Or who to ask? It's a simple fix and should take about 30 seconds to do. Then we can go back to talking football!

I am slowly learning to fight the urge to correct spelling and am improving.

• Options
    SavageDawg17SavageDawg17 Posts: 1,535 mod

@AnotherDawg said:

@donm said:

Sorry but I don't have any control over that - it's something internal within the message board itself I guess.

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Apparently BigDawg747 is also having trouble posting. He can still downvote me though lol. He sent me a rather crappy message telling me to go back to my parents’ basement or something to that effect but did say he’s unable to post so I’m trying to not be a dick and let someone know.

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BojanglesInsider said:

@scooterdawg said:
    Apparently BigDawg747 is also having trouble posting. He can still downvote me though lol. He sent me a rather crappy message telling me to go back to my parents’ basement or something to that effect but did say he’s unable to post so I’m trying to not be a dick and let someone know.

Hopefully you responded with "Go back!? Just where do you think I'm posting from right now!?"

I wish my parents had a basement! Actually my mom and I would kill each other if we spent too much time together. Plus I wouldn’t want to be in her house when the NSA comes looking for me lol.