Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Eargle Family - Towers Take

fmr33fmr33 Posts: 210 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I felt compelled to bump Chip's article this morning on the Eargle family and their daughter Landrey's medical condition. Funny enough, I originally stumbled across the article in the r/CFB thread before I saw it here (I spend way too much time on this site). DawgNation has really elevated our reputation these past few years among CFB with our support of the Gales' family, our travelling fan support, and now our support of the Eargle clan. Check out the thread on Reddit if you're curious to see what other fanbases are saying.

In saying that, I challenge you to lend your support (however you see fit) and continue to improve our reputation as the best fanbase in college football. Cheers!

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/team-news/dawg-nation-comes-up-big-in-support-of-one-austin-peay-family

Comments

• Options
    ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

Let’s make the opener on September 1st $124k day!

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,042 mod

Thanks for keeping us informed on this. Great story and proves that we have probably the best and most generous fanbase in all of sports.

• Options
  • Options
    andrews1253andrews1253 Posts: 427 ✭✭✭ Junior

Thank you! Really helps place things in proper perspective.

• Options
    Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Glad to see this made it to the forum, just thinking about Chips article and was going to post something. Thanks for posting it fmr33.

• Options

Actually need to share credit with @rg34 who posted about this on the 13th.

• Options
    edited August 2018
  • Options
    skidmarksskidmarks Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    rg34rg34 Posts: 34 ✭✭ Sophomore
  • Options
    BiggerBadDawgBiggerBadDawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thank you for this. Chips article on the Eargle’s family and their love for one another and faith is great. What Dawgnation has done is outstanding and makes me ever so proud to be a card carrying member of Dawgnation. May the burden be lifted a little bit for that family so they can focus on their daughter.
    God Bless you all!

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah. Even had Tech fans on reddit acting reasonable. Go figure.

• Options

@ghostofuga1 said:
    Btw- the Go Fund Me has topped $80K
    https://www.gofundme.com/for-the-love-of-landrey

Just an update - The Eargle family has now eclipsed the 91k mark.

If you haven’t given and can spare it, $5 dollars would help.

Way to go dawgnation.

• Options
    JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 8,564 admin

Thought for the day. ......

What if every patron in expanded Sanford Stadium (think: West End Zone) dropped a $1 bill into a collection helmet on September 1?

Just a dollar would mean $96K.

That would totally change the life of that family and their needs for that little girl’s care.

• Options
    BiggerBadDawgBiggerBadDawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JeffSentell
    If everyone would just think about that for a second. $1 dollar is not much to donate. It can hardly buy a can of Coke. Maybe we all on this forum can give them a fundraiser boost on opening day. I feel like if folks just thought about the “what if it was them” for one second, we can really move a mountain for the Eargle’s.

• Options

@JeffSentell said:
    Thought for the day. ......

What if every patron in expanded Sanford Stadium (think: West End Zone) dropped a $1 bill into a collection helmet on September 1?

Just a dollar would mean $96K.

That would totally change the life of that family and their needs for that little girl’s care.

I had that same thought too. Get the mover and shakers on this @JeffSentell and make it happen......

• Options
    mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Makes a great storyline for the TV Network - Would they be able to do a story on it with a plug to the GoFundMe site?

• Options
    skidmarksskidmarks Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Idea, how can we/one bump this story and the opp to contribute on to each team fan base that Austin P plays this year? I just don’t want this to fade where it is and they (family) not reach the $125,000 goal ?

• Options

Good Onya Dawgnation. Almost there!

• Options
    oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I put another 10 in the pot. I think it is a good thing for Gawgnation.