Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Harry Miller's mom doubles down on Meyer and Ohio State...

MinnesotaDawgMinnesotaDawg Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Apparently, she counts him Urban as a "dear friend"....

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football-recruiting/2018/08/95635/ohio-state-center-commit-harry-millers-mother-a-domestic-abuse-survivor-voices-support-for-urban-meyer

Seriously, never underestimate the power of a world-class con-artist and Grade A liar, to fool ordinarily smart people. Some folks, it seems, will NEVER learn. Also, should be a lesson to those who believe that Meyer and OSU will greatly suffer on the recruiting trail.

Comments

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Stockholm Syndrome...

• Options
    ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He should have gone to Stanford.

• Options
    bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

For a family guided by faith, they sure are way out of touch regarding something that is there for the world to see. Their public loyalty to CUM reminds me of cult members. #sad

• Options
    tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Has CUM has put the voodoo bugaloo on the Millers?

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@coastaldawg said:
    She’s drank the Urban Meyer Kool-Aid, goes to show how you delusional you can be if you want to believe something bad enough.

That drank must be of the purple variety. And does anyone think Urban Liar has any real friends, let alone dear ones?Somehow I don't think he's going to be calling mom to shoot the bull once the kid is signed and on campus.

• Options
    3rdshift3rdshift Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

im def not an insider...but this kid aint flippin.....

• Options
    BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

She can hang out with Mr. and Mrs. Wray! They can be friends since Max won’t compete with Harry at Guard, because Max is a tackle only according to Mr. Wray.

• Options
    RandomFanRandomFan Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MinnesotaDawg said:

Seriously, never underestimate the power of a world-class con-artist and Grade A liar, to fool ordinarily smart people. Some folks, it seems, will NEVER learn.

There is a reason religion still exists -- cognitive dissonance is a hell of a drug.

• Options
    3rdshift3rdshift Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

can urban unintentionally coach the first 3 games....is it cool if he just says he forgot he was suspended?

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As long as he can prove was taking his meds.

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@3rdshift said:
    can urban unintentionally coach the first 3 games....is it cool if he just says he forgot he was suspended?

Lol. I think it very well may be allowed.

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good lord! Did you guys read that article? I’ve made heard of domestic violence before. But never as bad as that woman dealt with.

I guess I had never thought about it specifically. Just out of the corner of my mind, I figured Zach was a guy with violent tendencies (probably not uncommon in people who work in a game like football professionally) and would get out of control occasionally and at one point got really out of control and strangled her so she left not long thereafter.

Do we have any way of knowing the extent of the abuse Courtney endured?

Strangling is **** bad. But was it as consistent as that lady in the OP article had to deal with?

• Options
    dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The last paragraph in her quote is spot on

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

After seeing how loony the Suckeye nation fans are with all that’s gone on, I wonder if they are scared for him to be the first big time player to de commit? Can you imagine the traitor bashing that would be rampant if he did? These lowlifes have already been validated in thinking that they can act like asses and get what they want, they won so why not double down?

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dawgy10 said:
    The last paragraph in her quote is spot on

Her next to last paragraph shows how she got into that domestic abuse situation with her ex. She couldn't see through her ex (until too late), and now she cannot see through Urban. Sad. Mom is hard to ignore. Son is unlikely to have an independent view. Also, sad.