Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

OFF TOPIC WARNING: R.I.P. Senator John McCain

ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I never argue politics. I always suggest to those who do to abandon the practice.

I do; however, believe that someone who has served our country for so long deserves a respectful farewell.

Whether you agree or disagree with his political position, he was a good man.

Comments

• VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dilly dilly. He was never afraid to stand for his convictions. Fair winds and following seas Captain McCain.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We lost a great American today.
    Sadly he got sick at a point in time we desperately need his type of integrity and leadership. I really don't see anybody who will fill his shoes. Lindsey Graham has shown he lacks balls without SJM around.

• CaliforniaDawgCaliforniaDawg Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I didnt often agree with McCain politically, but I have always greatly admired and respected him for his integrity and patriotism. His death is a great loss to our country.

• mqg96mqg96 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Growing up in Georgia my whole life, even though I'm slightly more left politically but moderate overall, I still had a lot of respect for John McCain as a Republican (unlike many other ones out there) and he was a honorable, respectable man and patriot who served this country very well. RIP indeed.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

RIP. May God provide comdort to his family.

He should have resigned his position in the Senate long ago. I wilk always prefer to think his brain cancer clouded his judgement during his last few years. He has fallen from being one of my favorite politiccians to perhaps my least favorite. He did the country and Arizona a great disservice by holding on to his seat until the end.

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:
    Sadly he got sick at a point in time we desperately need his type of integrity and leadership. I really don't see anybody who will fill his shoes. Lindsey Graham has shown he lacks balls without SJM around.

RIP John. Hope you're at peace now and even if people who never served talked crap about you I and most Americans appreciated you.

We will miss him. And I know he was a proud man but he died the way he tried to live his life: with dignity.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@scooterdawg said:

@WCDawg said:

RIP John. Hope you're at peace now and even if people who never served talked crap about you I and most Americans appreciated you.

We will miss him. And I know he was a proud man but he died the way he tried to live his life: with dignity.

I didn't vote for him in 2008 because I feared he'd have us in an unwise war with Iran if he became POTUS.
    I have great respect and fondness for the man though.

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

An amazing patriot. Also A great senator, but I don't think he would have made a good president.

May he rest in peace.