Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Really starting to worry about LSU

law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They could potentially be a top-10 team by the time we play them. LSU is always going to be good if they find their groove early in the year.. . Could be a big game for UGA

USCjr
LSU
UF
Auburn....all tough games

Comments

• Options
    dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,175 mod

They will be a threat to no one this year, no QB

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,747 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We don't know anything much about anybody yet.

I'm concerned about everybody, including the first opponent. The Govs are planning on looking good. We are vastly more talented, but, hey, it's a game that isn't won yet...

Then there's those pesky Gamecocks. Gotta hate them. Gotta beat them. They won't be easy.

That's enough worrying for me today.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

I have talked up Joe Burrow quite a bit as I have followed his career since high school since his Dad is the DC at my alma mater Ohio University.

I am not sure of his supporting cast and he did not have the luxury of spring practice, but he is a "Baller" and will make them more competitive. No team should overlook his ability to run. He has very deceptive speed, and will turn it back up the middle and not head for the sidelines.

A very different personality than Jake Fromm (I like Jake's better), but Burrow is a very hard worker and lives in the film room like Jake. I have read several stories where he has won over most of his new teammates.

He should not be dismissed as someone who did not win the Ohio State job. A very large percentage of fans wanted him as the starter. I also think that after four years of Urban Meyer, he may have figured out what a creep CUM is.

These are repeat video's but I figure we have some new folks on board so I will re-post.

First Spring Game is Freshman Year without a Black Jersey so he was "Live Bait" for defenders who wanted to hit him in the pocket:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXIHhhZqGig&t=5s

Run in the state championship in which he threw six touchdowns:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of63PjZeEqQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq2yL-qhXNA

• Options
    jay_kubzzjay_kubzz Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

LSU would be better off with Ray charles running the offense.

• Options
    oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Georgia has a very bad day any SEC school could win. Unless that happens Georgia is going into the SEC championship game 12-0. So yes LSU could beat them but so could South Carolina, Missouri, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Florida, Kentucky or Auburn.

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wonder if Bama fans worry about every game the way we do.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

I'm worried about LSU too. Worried how much longer they have to suffer with Coach O while other teams in the SEC West pass them by.

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope LSU is a good team. We need them for our SoS. However, they have a guy coaching them who would be more likely to be a Waffle House cook than a top-10 coach. We have better players, a better staff, and a better QB. We will prevail.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree that the atmosphere at Death Valley is what is scary. That stadium will always be a top 5 hardest to play in each and every year... and is probably the hardest for night games

With that being said their offense will be non existent.... and while their defense is good, what defense can we not score 28 plus on?

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@brentwilson said:
    i think the team has taken a turn but the fan base has not. does bama worry about ole miss because they have a dominant receiver? do they worry about LSU bc it’s loud? they just expect to win and expect to have a chance to play for a national championship at the end of the season. it’s time for us to make that change

My point exactly.

• Options
    Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PharmDawg2054 said:
    I agree that the atmosphere at Death Valley is what is scary. That stadium will always be a top 5 hardest to play in each and every year... and is probably the hardest for night games

With that being said their offense will be non existent.... and while their defense is good, what defense can we not score 28 plus on?

UCF?

• Options
    Dawgy_FreshDawgy_Fresh Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson said:

Well we ain’t Bama so once we get on their level and win 5 ships in 9 yrs then we can maybe stop worrying so much. We can’t look past teams. Even Bama only had one undefeated season of the 5 they won. Every SEC opponent deserves respect.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

@Dawgy_Fresh said:

@pgjackson said:

Well we ain’t Bama so once we get on their level and win 5 ships in 9 yrs then we can maybe stop worrying so much. We can’t look past teams. Even Bama only had one undefeated season of the 5 they won. Every SEC opponent deserves respect.

None of us are looking past them. We just aren’t biting our nails in anxiety over them. We believe those days are over. There’s a new sheriff/philosophy in town and I think many on this board have chugged the kool-aid

• Options
    moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lifted this from the SBNation forums. It shows the statistical likelihood of going undefeated based on projected win probability:

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Taking it for granted is not a good quality in a fan base. And it’s why Saban is often defensive in his press conferences, because he doesn’t want people taking it for granted.

Every SEC win should be appreciated. Well, some more than others. Like UT is quickly becoming a has-been. But every SEC win. Some good OOC games too.