Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia’s strength of schedule

PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With Auburn beating Washington (a team many analysts said was going to the playoffs)

And with LSU currently beating the brakes off Miami

Just how “weak” is the Dawgs schedule?

Not to mention that USCjr defeated overhyped Michigan in their bowl game at the end of last season

Penn State goes to overtime with App State
Texas loses to Maryland, a team without a coach
Michigan loses to ND

And the list goes on....

Comments

• Options
    mqg96mqg96 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Florida is a much better team than last year with Dan Mullen, look at how much different their offense looks,

and Georgia Tech will be better this year too with Taquon Marshall returning, and in the series between us and them the road team has won the previous 5 meetings.

See, this is exactly why I said with the younger more inexperienced team we have this year despite us having the top recruiting class coming in, there's going to be much tighter games this year mark my word. We're not running away from SEC games easily like we did last season.

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,738 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@mqg96 said:
    Florida is a much better team than last year with Dan Mullen, look at how much different their offense looks,

and Georgia Tech will be better this year too with Taquon Marshall returning, and in the series between us and them the road team has won the previous 5 meetings.

See, this is exactly why I said with the younger more inexperienced team we have this year despite us having the top recruiting class coming in, there's going to be much tighter games this year mark my word. We're not running away from SEC games easily like we did last season.

Why isn’t anyone so concerned about all the players Bama and Clemson lost? Why is it only a UGA problem?

• Options
    PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson said:

@mqg96 said:

Why isn’t anyone so concerned about all the players Bama and Clemson lost? Why is it only a UGA problem?

Alabama loses 12 starters, an offensive coordinator, a defensive coordinator, and their special teams coach....

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,738 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PharmDawg2054 said:

@pgjackson said:

@mqg96 said:

Alabama loses 12 starters, an offensive coordinator, a defensive coordinator, and their special teams coach....

Exactly, but nobody is worried about them taking a step back. Not sure why all the concern about UGA.

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Our SOS will look much better at the end of this week than it did beforehand. Only UTjr took a major step back. This season could be another train wreck for the Vols. LSU is going to be a tough game, and we all knew Auburn would be. Still, let’s get past the chickens first.

• Options
    mqg96mqg96 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@pgjackson said:

@mqg96 said:

Because Alabama has proven every year since Nick Saban got there that they reload with top recruiting classes and they don't rebuild. Nick Saban has a secret system that's worked for him since he got there which is why they've won multiple championships every other year. Georgia hasn't proven that yet, because we haven't won a national championship in 38 years. When it comes to Clemson I agree with you though, they lost a lot after their 2016 team and it showed in 2017, despite all the hype centered around the Clemson defense I believe they are an overrated team. Keep in mind, the reason Auburn and Clemson broke their championship droughts is because they took Cam Newton and Deshaun Watson straight out of Georgia not far from Atlanta and Athens, which was on Mark Richt for not recruiting them.

• Options
    brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson said:

@mqg96 said:

i’m with you on this. what’s funny to think about it was the guys the Georgia lost this season, the season before- none of these analysts even knew who they were. nobody knew who Roquan was, but now Georgia will not be able to win without him? that’s not how the game works. players develop over the season

• Options
    RDDawgRDDawg Posts: 235 ✭✭✭ Junior

If we make it through the schedule with one loss I’ll be happy

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tennessee will play two cupcakes the next two weeks. Then, however, they play Florida, Georgia, Auburn, Alabama, and South Carolina (in that order). They will be 2-6 by that point and will be a drag on our SOS. However, every other opponent looked good this week.

• Options
    ThisDawgThisDawg Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@greshamdisco said:
    Tennessee will play two cupcakes the next two weeks. Then, however, they play Florida, Georgia, Auburn, Alabama, and South Carolina (in that order). They will be 2-6 by that point and will be a drag on our SOS. However, every other opponent looked good this week.

Lol. I'm so thankful that we are not a drag on someone's SOS. This is just hilarious. thank you for posting.

• Options
    BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If we go 12-0 or 11-1 and win the SECCG, our strength of schedule is irrelavant. Just win baby.....