Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Obviously, those Tech boys are mad that we are good again!

PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Haha! I’m sure this is some computer nerd class project at the NATS.

Comments

• Options
    VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Most of the nerds I know don’t really care about us like you are suggesting. We have been “good” relative to them for about always. If you find a nerd who is a serious CFB fan I would bet a lot of money he/she gets mad when they beat us once a decade because they are tired of Paul Johnson. the only good for them that comes from beating us is keeping him around another 10 years.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

For the record Richt was 13-2 against The Bugs.

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’ll give you that @WCDawg . One of MRs best achievements was the christening of MR Field at Historic Bobby Dodd Stadium. I’m sure he’s planning to keep owning Turkeyneck while at Miami.

• Options
    edited September 2018

edit: sorry. Multiple post. iPad doesn’t always like this site. And can’t figure out how to simply delete a comment.

• Options
    BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe the OP was making a joke about all of the Chinese threads that took up 4 pages of the forum this morning. They were quickly deleted.

• Options
    BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe the OP was making a joke about all of the Chinese threads that took up 4 pages of the forum this morning. They were quickly deleted.

• Options
    DirtDawgDirtDawg Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@VaBeachDawg said:
    Most of the nerds I know don’t really care about us like you are suggesting. We have been “good” relative to them for about always. If you find a nerd who is a serious CFB fan I would bet a lot of money he/she gets mad when they beat us once a decade because they are tired of Paul Johnson. the only good for them that comes from beating us is keeping him around another 10 years.

I agree with @VaBeachDawg . The Tech fan I know hates the option game that Paul Johnson runs. He (my friend, not Paul Johnson) was the one who put the FAN in fanatic up until a few years ago. Now he doesn't really give a tinker's darn.

• Options

@BoroDawg said:

Yeah I got that, just pointing out that in my estimation “tech nation” really doesn’t give much thought to us at all but once a year.

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@scooterdawg said:
    I’m sure he’s planning to keep owning Turkeyneck while at Miami.

He already is....2-0 vs. GT so far at Miami.

• Options

GT has nobody to blame but themselves for their lack of football success. The previous AD seemed to care nothing for football. They hired Paul Johnson with his Veer offense, and recruiting took a hit because nobody wants to play in an offense where they will get beat up every play. He prefers to recruit the lower-star athletes because they will 'fit his system' better. Just wait until he is gone and they have to adjust to a modern offense....it will be a sh1t-show for at least 3 years.....and that will also be glorious.

• Options

@UnderDog68 said:
    GT has nobody to blame but themselves for their lack of football success. The previous AD seemed to care nothing for football. They hired Paul Johnson with his Veer offense, and recruiting took a hit because nobody wants to play in an offense where they will get beat up every play. He prefers to recruit the lower-star athletes because they will 'fit his system' better. Just wait until he is gone and they have to adjust to a modern offense....it will be a sh1t-show for at least 3 years.....and that will also be glorious.

Yeah but I’m looking forward to them changing so they do ultimately improve. We get nothing as a team from playing them other than a super high risk of lower body injuries and a chance to ruin the season at the very end. Us, the fan base, gets to crow at a “rival” fan base that never even questioned the outcome from the start of the season.

• Options

And in case I haven't mentioned it lately.....

Tuck Fech.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@UnderDog68 said:

I think that's one of the main reasons Johnson is still there, they don't want to go through the rebuild of changing offenses. It's a painful one, when you only have 270 lb lineman who can only chop block. However, you have to think he's gone soon. Can't imagine any fan base wanting to put up with that for much longer.

• Options
    moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

GT Head Coach Lane Kiffin

• Options
    DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Teddy said:
    I think that's one of the main reasons Johnson is still there, they don't want to go through the rebuild of changing offenses. It's a painful one, when you only have 270 lb lineman who can only chop block. However, you have to think he's gone soon. Can't imagine any fan base wanting to put up with that for much longer.

They just gave him a contract extension to 2022 back in April.

https://www.myajc.com/sports/college/paul-johnson-contract-extension-finalized/EHUr6sEFqWKT2HVUPoNCwL/

And they're supposed to be good at Math, Go figure.

• Options

Of all the total Johnson’s I know Paul is in fact one of them.

• Options
    Bsampson0317Bsampson0317 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

Ole Paul Fish Fry Johnson

• Options

@Teddy said:

@UnderDog68 said:

However, you have to think he's gone soon. Can't imagine any fan base wanting to put up with that for much longer.

Somebody beat me to it, but he did get another contract extension to 2022.....

• Options

@scooterdawg said:
    Of all the total Johnson’s I know Paul is in fact one of them.

Is it just me, or does Paul Johnson always look as if he just smelled a really bad boiled eggs and beer fart on the sidelines?

• Options
    DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

@moos said:
    GT Head Coach Lane Kiffin

Prediction! When Satan retires Dabo will leave the Tigers for Bama and Lane Kiffin will be hired to take his place. Shortly thereafter he will be forever be known as Lame Kitten.