Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

CMR is in control. Georgia won't get off the bus.

JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Let's get this straight right away. I don't for half a second believe this is Mark Richt's team. There are not games where Georgia isn't prepared. Our team always shows up.

No, it's not clickbait either.

My belief is everybody who is rational knows that South Carolina's chances are slim. Why?

Bullet list:

• Georgia's team speed
  • Georgia's stacked layers of talent
  • Jake Fromm, James Cook, and about 20 of their best friends
  • Hot Rod

Other than the crowd, should the Game **** manage not to lose them early, what does SC have that Georgia doesn't?

Answer: A long history of not even winning their state + a truly delusional fan base.

They seem to believe Mark Richt's team is fixing to not show up on Saturday. That's the only possible explanation. Poor souls.

Go, Dawgs!

Comments

• Options
    PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

Jim, Do we have to keep making these disrespectful Richt jabs? I think Kirby himself would say let’s move on and find a way to be a little more positive.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Raiderbeater1 said:

@PerroGrande said:
    Jim, Do we have to keep making these disrespectful Richt jabs? I think Kirby himself would say let’s move on find a way to be a little more positive.

Facts hurt.

Real talk:
    Richt cultivated a bad perception of our team by flopping at these moments. It’s a mental scare that needs healing and we can’t ignore it.

OK Sigmund.

• Options
    Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@Raiderbeater1 said:

@PerroGrande said:
    Jim, Do we have to keep making these disrespectful Richt jabs? I think Kirby himself would say let’s move on find a way to be a little more positive.

Facts hurt.

Real talk:
    Richt cultivated a bad perception of our team by flopping at these moments. It’s a mental scare that needs healing and we can’t ignore it.

OK Sigmund.

Don’t get hurt feelings about it. Richt admitted he wasn’t trying hard after he was fired. It is what it is.

• Options

A mental scare that needs healing and you can’t ignore it...sure! I love UGA football, but fans crack me up sometimes. If we win by 100 or lose by 50, it really means nothing about you—you had absolutely nothing to do with it. How can you be scared or scarred by it?

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PerroGrande said:

I'm positive it's Kirby's team and culture now, but I'm fine if SC and others want to believe this is the old CMR Georgia team that dropped way too many games they should have won and seemed woefully outclassed too many times.

I don't have a ton of regard for Mark Richt. I'm also fine with anybody being a CMR Fanboy. He was great when he first arrived in Athens but then seemed to be going through the motions for too many years, albeit with considerable success. I wish him and his Miami team success as long as they don't steal guys we want to recruit or play Georgia.

However, this isn't about how you and I regard Mark Richt. It's about Georgia's football team still being viewed through a lens which no longer portrays Georgia football accurately. This is Kirby's team. It is also a very solid, very deep, very fast, very talented team. I've seen no signs of a Kirby coached team being unprepared or unmotivated, but there are signs all over the place of people seeing "the old Georgia" when they look at Kirby's team.

I suspect this will become harder and harder to do.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

OT ~ When is UGA going down to Columbia - tonight (Fri) or Sat morn? Just curious.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ghostofuga1 said:

@donm said:

@Raiderbeater1 said:

@PerroGrande said:

Facts hurt.

Real talk:

OK Sigmund.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

• Options
    MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man oh man if S. Carolina is causing this much consternation a good portion of DAWG NATION may cower at the mere sight of Nick Saban and Tua when they come calling in December. The LSU game is the only game, well them and maybe the Auburn game that worries me. I think we'll arrive at Mercedes Benz Stadium no less than 11-1 with the loss probably to LSU. Alabama's probably a slightly better team but the intangibles should be heavily in our favor. No way they'll want this game more than Georgia after what happened last January. No way will Kirby and his staff not have this team believing that NOONE should EVER beat Georgia in this building ESPECIALLY with a Championship on the line. Georgia will win and hand BAMA their 1st loss of the regular season but may have to do it again in the CFP and there goes the rub.

• Options
    BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PerroGrande said:
    A mental scare that needs healing and you can’t ignore it...sure! I love UGA football, but fans crack me up sometimes. If we win by 100 or lose by 50, it really means nothing about you—you had absolutely nothing to do with it. How can you be scared or scarred by it?

You've never been on the edge of your seat watching a game? You've never yelled at the TV or stomped off mad after a play?

Does our reactions or feelings prior to or during a game doesn't affect it, but that doesn't mean we don't have them.

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It almost has a feel like people are trying to convince us we will win or talk us into thinking Georgia will win.

Georgia has this and Its just another day on the job for Kang Kirby

• Options
    edited September 2018

@JimWallace said:

However, this isn't about how you and I regard Mark Richt. It's about Georgia's football team still being viewed through a lens which no longer portrays Georgia football accurately. This is Kirby's team. It is also a very solid, very deep, very fast, very talented team. I've seen no signs of a Kirby coached team being unprepared or unmotivated, but there are signs all over the place of people seeing "the old Georgia" when they look at Kirby's team.

I suspect this will become harder and harder to do.

Go, Dawgs!

Jim, all I was saying is it’s time to move on. Richt has been gone for years and has very little to do with this game, outside of a few of his remaining recruits. The perception has nothing to do with him. People legitimately think SC has a good team. It is a tough stadium for visitors. I would advise everybody to follow Kirby’s lead: be gracious to everybody, especially people like Mark Richt, and let’s move on and worry about being ourselves by beating the Gamecocks today. This team is welll coached, physical, fast, and talented and I think we come out on top!

• Options

@BamaDawg said:

@PerroGrande said:

You've never been on the edge of your seat watching a game? You've never yelled at the TV or stomped off mad after a play?

Does our reactions or feelings prior to or during a game doesn't affect it, but that doesn't mean we don't have them.

B/D, I’m probably worse than you are—being a passionate fan is great. I’m talking about somebody saying they were mentally scared (probably meant scarred) over a football game. I would say keep it in perspective and remember to be gracious. Let’s not become that drunk, obnoxious Gator fan we were all exposed to in Jax ten years ago! Go Dawgs.

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ghostofuga1 said:

@donm said:

@Raiderbeater1 said:

@PerroGrande said:

Facts hurt.

Real talk:

OK Sigmund.

I missed the most important part last nite. Lol. GO Dawgs

• Options
    BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PerroGrande said:

@BamaDawg said:

@PerroGrande said:

B/D, I’m probably worse than you are—being a passionate fan is great. I’m talking about somebody saying they were mentally scared (probably meant scarred) over a football game. I would say keep it in perspective and remember to be gracious. Let’s not become that drunk, obnoxious Gator fan we were all exposed to in Jax ten years ago! Go Dawgs.

Uh...ain’t nothing finer in the land than a drunk obnoxious Georgia fan.

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BoroDawg said:

@PerroGrande said:

@BamaDawg said:

@PerroGrande said:

Uh...ain’t nothing finer in the land than a drunk obnoxious Georgia fan.

PC rewrite: ...ain’t nothing finer in the land than a gracious, jolly Georgia fan. Scans too I think.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ghostofuga1 said:

@donm said:

@Raiderbeater1 said:

@PerroGrande said:

Facts hurt.

Real talk:

OK Sigmund.

The BEST @ghostofuga1. Just the BEST!

• Options
    DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Regarding 'Facts Hurt' does this imply we state things just because we think that they are true? If so, please tell fat loved ones that they are fat. That may actually do some good while harping on a past coach cannot undo the past.

• Options
    DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Regarding being 'scared' about something we have no control, yeah I agree emotions for me and Georgia are real. I turn this to positive energy by doing killer workouts in front to the tv. My dog gets terrified and the wife gets pets and kids out of the house to protect them from my shouting Having said that, I do look down on Bama fans who think themselves winners because of a football team for whom they contribute nothing. Equally pathetic is when they call fans of other teams losers.