Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

One Gamecock I can respect

scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Listening to Marcus Lattimore on Feinbaum"s show(podcast). The rest of the show has been garbage USCjr pandering but I really liked him talking to ML..He was a hell of a player and to me the best out of those years of the state of SC producing major players. Better than Clowney and the others. I was sick when he tore his knee the second time. Even my Clemson friends liked the guy. He's apparently working for USC in player personnel. Impressive guy he's grown into.

Other than him though EFF THE SHAMECOCKS! GO DAWGS! GATA!

Comments

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@scooterdawg said:
    Listening to Marcus Lattimore on Feinbaum"s show(podcast). The rest of the show has been garbage USCjr pandering but I really liked him talking to ML..He was a hell of a player and to me the best out of those years of the state of SC producing major players. Better than Clowney and the others. I was sick when he tore his knee the second time. Even my Clemson friends liked the guy. He's apparently working for USC in player personnel. Impressive guy he's grown into.

Other than him though EFF THE SHAMECOCKS! GO DAWGS! GATA!

100% agree. He had that Nick Chubb work ethic and attitude. He helped up his opponent after he trucked them.

He’s the guy you don’t want to root for, but have to. It made me sick when he tore his knee up the second time.

• Options
    dawgwood82dawgwood82 Posts: 202 ✭✭✭ Junior

I kind of hated spurrier more because of how hard he ran him. Lattimore would have been a pro bowl NFL back if he would've been in a rotation, instead of 30+ carries every game.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dawgwood82 said:
    I kind of hated spurrier more because of how hard he ran him. Lattimore would have been a pro bowl NFL back if he would've been in a rotation, instead of 30+ carries every game.

It’s the injury that kept him from a great pro career. One of the nastiest injuries I’ve seen. Great player and hate it for him.

• Options
    Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Lattimore is a class act, unlike most of the rest of the chickens. I watched him with Finebaum yesterday and he is impressive.

• Options
    dawgwood82dawgwood82 Posts: 202 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Teddy said:

@dawgwood82 said:

It’s the injury that kept him from a great pro career. One of the nastiest injuries I’ve seen. Great player and hate it for him.

That's what I was implying....he had to run 30+ carries per game for spurrier and his knees couldn't take it.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dawgwood82 said:

@Teddy said:

@dawgwood82 said:

That's what I was implying....he had to run 30+ carries per game for spurrier and his knees couldn't take it.

That injury had nothing to do with how many times he carried it. That could’ve been his first carry of his career and it would’ve ended his career no matter what.

• Options
    PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Conor Shaw I thought was a winner.

• Options
    Midnite_TrainMidnite_Train Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lattimore is definitely a world class SEC player and even better person. I’m glad the days of him running over us is over