Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Florence is now a catagory 4 hurricane and strengthening...

Comments

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

@scooterdawg said:
    I must have been thinking of the ice storm then. Though there was a fair amount of snow. I was just happy to be out of my parents’ house and being snowed in with some grass, beer, and the NFL playoffs on wasn’t bad at all lol. To be 18 again. Sigh.

I checked, there was a huge snow storm in 1995 that affected most of the east coast, that was an extremely active period for weather.

• Options
    BrianDawgBrianDawg Posts: 186 ✭✭✭ Junior

They just issued evacuation for zone A in Hampton roads (Norfolk and Virginia Beach area)

• Options
    DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@DawgBones said:

So let me guess, WC stands for Western Carolina.

Nope William and an undisclosed middle name.

My other guess was going to be Water Closet but you just didn't seem to be the European type. :p

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Shoot. I figured it was western NC too. If we guess your middle name will you concede that tall CBs can be effective? LMAO.

• Options

@DawgBones said:

@WCDawg said:

@DawgBones said:

My other guess was going to be Water Closet but you just didn't seem to be the European type. :p

Water Closet is my Uncle's name.

• Options

@scooterdawg said:
    Shoot. I figured it was western NC too. If we guess your middle name will you concede that tall CBs can be effective? LMAO.

I'll give you up to 6'2.3'', over that and it get's ridiculous.

• Options
    CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My grandfather was William Clyde and my brother and my son are both William Charles.

• Options
    DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Catfish said:
    My grandfather was William Clyde and my brother and my son are both William Charles.

Watch out Catfish, we keep this up it's going to look like the TN Vol board. :D

• Options
    Dawgsince76Dawgsince76 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@DawgBones said:

@WCDawg said:
    The blizzard tracked a bit north of Greenville, the ice storm came the next winter.
    I did some hiking from Jones Gap to Cesar's Head after the blizzard, the snow wasn't quite as deep as where you were or here in NW Georgia, but there was 20 inches or so to wade thru.
    I lived outside of Asheville from 2001 till Oct 2008, it's my favorite place in the east.

I always thought west coast

• Options
    Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Got some friends that live near Myrtle, seems like every time they plan on coming over for a game a hurricane heads for them. Since he works in a hospital he has to stay there,fortunately at least his wife is able to leave and head this way to avoid the storm. Stay safe y'all!

• Options

Just checking in. My next door neighbor has a grandson heading this way from Charleston, he should be here tonight.
    They are now predicting as much as 30 inches of rain in some already saturated areas of the Eastern NC Piedmont. That might well be the big story by the weekend.

• Options

@Catfish said:

You're warm.

• Options
    MODawgMODawg Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@WCDawg said:

@Catfish said:

You're warm.

C=Charlemange?

• Options
    PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MeR3htid said:
    Tua is now a Category 5 and due to reach Atlanta in December. Calling all Wolfpack, Calling all Wolfpack.

Hahahaha. Touche.

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@mikeshue said:
    HUGO was really Bad.

Speaking of which.....Anyone remember the night Hugo made landfall on Sept. 21st, 1989 and Ga. Southern vs. MTSU was played anyway on ESPN Thursday Night College Football? I remember watching it. I also remember wondering who in the hell gave the go-ahead for the game to be played....Paulson had no lights at the time; ESPN brought in their own to play the game. I thought for sure they would lose them, but they didn't.

Who else remembers? Come on and show your age. I was 20...and about 7 weeks away from turning 21.

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@UnderDog68 said:

@mikeshue said:
    HUGO was really Bad.

Speaking of which.....Anyone remember the night Hugo made landfall on Sept. 21st, 1989 and Ga. Southern vs. MTSU was played anyway on ESPN Thursday Night College Football? I remember watching it. I also remember wondering who in the hell gave the go-ahead for the game to be played....Paulson had no lights at the time; ESPN brought in their own to play the game. I thought for sure they would lose them, but they didn't.

Who else remembers? Come on and show your age. I was 20...and about 7 weeks away from turning 21.

I remember it vaguely. Heard more about it after the fact when I had friends from Charleston.

• Options
    bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:
    Just checking in. My next door neighbor has a grandson heading this way from Charleston, he should be here tonight.
    They are now predicting as much as 30 inches of rain in some already saturated areas of the Eastern NC Piedmont. That might well be the big story by the weekend.

I’m in the northern central piedmont, it’s not looking good. Watching it now, this joker ain’t turning. One of the worst areas predicted for rain is around the Richmond area.

• Options

@bigdawg2223 said:

@WCDawg said:

I’m in the northern central piedmont, it’s not looking good. Watching it now, this joker ain’t turning. One of the worst areas predicted for rain is around the Richmond area.

We'll pray for everybody in it's path.
    Whatever you're going to do, make plans now.