Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Florence is now a catagory 4 hurricane and strengthening...

1235»

Comments

• Options
    BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Before the Internet, You simply watched the weather channel and John Hope. The Amos Alonzo Stagg of meteorologists.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BobcatGrad said:
    Before the Internet, You simply watched the weather channel and John Hope. The Amos Alonzo Stagg of meteorologists.

Hope went to school with Stagg.

• Options
    CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@greygoose01 said:

@WCDawg said:
    Very off topic, but Prayers for those in it's path as it seems sure to cause massive damage both along the Carolina coast and with inland flooding. It was expected to be a Cat. 3 and it now seems possible it will be a cat. 5 before it lands. It's also expected to dump massive amounts of rain inlandas well. I well remember the worst natural disaster in NC history came from a tropical storm that stalled and dumped rain like this is expected to.

I wish I could give you 5 UV's for that one!

• Options
    CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@BobcatGrad said:

@WCDawg taught the class.

• Options

t> @Catfish said:

@WCDawg said:

@BobcatGrad said:

The storm looks less menacing than it did on Tuesday but I'm sure all of you recall the flood caused by a tropical storm that stalled back in the 1990s over mid-Georgia. Flooding could still be a huge problem for millions of people.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

@dawgnms said:

@WCDawg said:

@DawgBones said:

@WCDawg said:
    The blizzard tracked a bit north of Greenville, the ice storm came the next winter.
    I did some hiking from Jones Gap to Cesar's Head after the blizzard, the snow wasn't quite as deep as where you were or here in NW Georgia, but there was 20 inches or so to wade thru.
    I lived outside of Asheville from 2001 till Oct 2008, it's my favorite place in the east.

So let me guess, WC stands for Western Carolina.

Nope William and an undisclosed middle name.

Cooter from the Dukes of Hazard

Clarence

• Options
    edited September 2018

@Kasey said:

@dawgnms said:

@WCDawg said:

@DawgBones said:

@WCDawg said:
    The blizzard tracked a bit north of Greenville, the ice storm came the next winter.
    I did some hiking from Jones Gap to Cesar's Head after the blizzard, the snow wasn't quite as deep as where you were or here in NW Georgia, but there was 20 inches or so to wade thru.
    I lived outside of Asheville from 2001 till Oct 2008, it's my favorite place in the east.

So let me guess, WC stands for Western Carolina.

Nope William and an undisclosed middle name.

Cooter from the Dukes of Hazard

Clarence

It's William "Billy Cool' Cooter O'Seamus.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:
    t> @Catfish said:

@WCDawg said:

@BobcatGrad said:

The storm looks less menacing than it did on Tuesday but I'm sure all of you recall the flood caused by a tropical storm that stalled back in the 1990s over mid-Georgia. Flooding could still be a huge problem for millions of people.

I remember hurricane opal very well :o

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hope everyone is safe from the harms of hurricane Flo. Stay well and Go Dawgs