Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Thinking of going to my first game with the drastically cheaper prices

dawgfantipdawgfantip Posts: 259 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Currently with the time change. Never even been to UGA main campus just the satellite. Any advice or maybe a link to good info on parking, rules, anything to be more prepared. Thanks in advance and Go Dawgs!

Comments

• Options
    bubbadawgbubbadawg Posts: 572 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

First United Methodist Church, on Lumpkin Street, has $25 parking and it's a pretty straight shot to the Dawg Walk. Make sure you go to the walk to get the best game day experience. The team gets off of the busses on Lumpkin. You can see more there. My kids prefer standing closer to the bridge because of shade and the band. If you've never been, you should definitely get there early and go to Butts Mehre and see the history there. Make sure you go to the bottom floor where you can take a picture with a replica Hiesman. Hang around and enjoy the fun downtown after the game!

• Options
    DawgFan2008DawgFan2008 Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior

@bubbadawg said:
    First United Methodist Church, on Lumpkin Street, has $25 parking and it's a pretty straight shot to the Dawg Walk. Make sure you go to the walk to get the best game day experience. The team gets off of the busses on Lumpkin. You can see more there. My kids prefer standing closer to the bridge because of shade and the band. If you've never been, you should definitely get there early and go to Butts Mehre and see the history there. Make sure you go to the bottom floor where you can take a picture with a replica Hiesman. Hang around and enjoy the fun downtown after the game!

How long does the parking last at that location? Thinking of getting tickets and want to park relatively close as I'll have my wife and 6 year old son ( first game).

• Options
    corai3corai3 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bubbadawg Where is the dawg walk usually?

• Options
    DawgFan2008DawgFan2008 Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior

@corai3 On the dawg walk. The team exits the buses from Lumpkin Street and walks into the stadium through Gate 1 amidst a cheering crowd. Next to the Tate Center deck and Tate Center leading under Sanford bridge into the stadium ( new west end zone).

• Options
    bubbadawgbubbadawg Posts: 572 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@DawgFan2008 said:

@bubbadawg said:
    First United Methodist Church, on Lumpkin Street, has $25 parking and it's a pretty straight shot to the Dawg Walk.

How long does the parking last at that location? Thinking of getting tickets and want to park relatively close as I'll have my wife and 6 year old son ( first game).

The closer you park, the more you pay. I'm a cheapskate. The church lot will fill up before the DAWG walk at 9:45. You should plan to get to town by 8:00 IMHO. You'll have time to go to the bookstore before the fun begins. I hope you have a great day! Your 6yo will never forget it! So many great memories with my children in that place!

• Options
    ADDICTED2DAWGSADDICTED2DAWGS Posts: 102 ✭✭✭ Junior

Come on out and join us tomorrow! It's an experience like non other and after this game we will need to get you to a Big game!

• Options
    Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You can park downtown for the price of a 10 dollar parking ticket. Very close to the stadium. Dawg walk is next to the Tate center parking lot.