Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Webb CB

AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

To UGA from Steve Wiltfong

Comments

• MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Pittman can get a premier talent like Webb to leave the state of Al, well he will truly be an elite recruiter.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MarkBoknecht said:
    If Pittman can get a premier talent like Webb to leave the state of Al, well he will truly be an elite recruiter.

This would be something...to add this beast to the already loaded stable of OL beasts. Wow!

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MarkBoknecht said:

He’s already elite. This would push him towards legendary status. Especially if he keeps it up for years to come.

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Would love to see Bammer's reaction if we were to pull Webb. They have consistently taken the approach of he's theirs and anything else is ludicrous and you're crazy for even suggesting it.

• ColaDawg86ColaDawg86 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@VaBeachDawg said:
    I thought I was getting into a Mark Webb, Cornerback conversation...

So did I.

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ColaDawg86 said:

@VaBeachDawg said:
    I thought I was getting into a Mark Webb, Cornerback conversation...

So did I.

Same.

• JKFlyfishJKFlyfish Posts: 558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PTDawg said:
    Would love to see Bammer's reaction if we were to pull Webb. They have consistently taken the approach of he's theirs and anything else is ludicrous and you're crazy for even suggesting it.

There are some on the Bama boards already that are saying he's UGA bound. Looks like a few Bama posters are already throwing in the towel. It's funny because a few months ago they laughed at us having a shot at him.

• superdawgsuperdawg Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

The article from Jeff about Webb a few days ago was a teaser. Webb did make it sound like all the teams in his final list had a chance, BUT when a player openly states that they want to play for certain coach like Webb did with Pittboss, it's usually a curtain call for the other teams in the race. Things may still change, but Webb has liked the Pittman/Georgia combo for a while now.

• icebuddyicebuddy Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Time to make Pittman a million dollar Oline coach.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

My sources say Bama still. I know they've been silent most of the summer, but still silent to Bama

• TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A wiltfong CB is nothing to sneeze at.

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MarkBoknecht said:

Webb and his mom are the only ones in his family that reside in Alabama to my understanding. His closest family live just outside of Athens and then he also has family outside of Clemson. I could be wrong on all of this, but that is what I believe i have read.

• DawgsonTopDawgsonTop Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PharmDawg2054 said:

@MarkBoknecht said:

Webb and his mom are the only ones in his family that reside in Alabama to my understanding. His closest family live just outside of Athens and then he also has family outside of Clemson. I could be wrong on all of this, but that is what I believe i have read.

I was going to say something similar. I’ve heard he had more GA ties than Bama.

• AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgsonTop said:

@PharmDawg2054 said:

@MarkBoknecht said:

I was going to say something similar. I’ve heard he had more GA ties than Bama.

I would say Georgia and his Clemson are his top two. He likes Pittman at UGA and the family feel (barf) at Clemson. The biggest things he liked at Bama and Auburn are the S&C and Jordan-Hare. That says a lot IMO.