Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Is there a writer that you just despise?

2»

Comments

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

@donm said:

@kelly_b said:
    I will say that it's possible that it was the proofreader's error. I've written, edited, and proofread, and much to my chagrin, mistakes do get through somehow. They shouldn't, but it happens.

And it seems to happen a LOT. Not only on Chip's articles. I wonder if they hire proofreaders...if they do, they need to be better at it. I mean, it's not all that hard. Even the state department is working on making their writing better as far as the use of commas goes. If Washington can do it, I know Dawg Nation can.

I'm pretty sure they do NOT have dedicated proofreaders. When the journalism business started dying editors and support staff were the first to go. To be fair it goes way beyond Dawgnation: I read articles from national publications with lots of mistakes..It also doesn't help that every reporter of every genre feels the need to get stories up ASAP.

• Options
    Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

William Shakespear, to many thou's. I know BA wants to write but it's not his strength.

• Options
    kelly_bkelly_b Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@scooterdawg said:

@donm said:

@kelly_b said:
    I will say that it's possible that it was the proofreader's error. I've written, edited, and proofread, and much to my chagrin, mistakes do get through somehow. They shouldn't, but it happens.

And it seems to happen a LOT. Not only on Chip's articles. I wonder if they hire proofreaders...if they do, they need to be better at it. I mean, it's not all that hard. Even the state department is working on making their writing better as far as the use of commas goes. If Washington can do it, I know Dawg Nation can.

I'm pretty sure they do NOT have dedicated proofreaders. When the journalism business started dying editors and support staff were the first to go. To be fair it goes way beyond Dawgnation: I read articles from national publications with lots of mistakes..It also doesn't help that every reporter of every genre feels the need to get stories up ASAP.

I see it all the time now...whether it's a major paper, a local paper, or blogs. And you're right about proofreaders etc. They were the first to go.

• Options

I often joked after writing that I needed a profreader.

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not a fan of Karl Marx or the US Tax code.

• Options
    MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Off topic but how bout Colquitt county giving it to Greyson IN Loganville!? Probst is a **** good football coach. That defensive tackle for CC Merrit is reaking havoc against a massive O line for high school standards. 4 of 5 guys on that Oline have power 5 offers. Haven't heard or seen much out of Pappoe. The Packers are very very physical and play assignment football. Nyquan Washington is a junior 5'10 corner with some D1 offers and he's shut down the 6'5 stud receiver for the Rams. Several deflections and a pick. 26-14 in the 4th. I wanna see the backup qb for Greyson because we've offered him.

• Options
    insertusernamehereinsertusernamehere Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He’s not much of a writer, but I can’t stand Cowherd any more.

• Options
    fmr33fmr33 Posts: 210 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@MacDawg15 said:

@fmr33 said:

@MacDawg15 said:
    Chip just drives me insane. I've never read an article that didn't have AT LEAST 1 grammatical error. I'd think if your paid to put something out to the public maybe it deserves going over once at least before it's put out. N for a guy that I'm sure didn't play any type of school fb, he certainly thinks he knows the game inside and out. I love all ppl that have anything to do with DAWGNATION and UGA in general but his opinion on things has literally zero value to me, and that's what most of his writing consists of. I just can't see how he gets a check. But jmo

It’s really hard to take your opinion on Chip’s grammatical mistakes seriously when you repeatedly misspell words and use the incorrect form of your/you’re and there/their/they’re.

Wanna tell me where you see that smartass? There is a place, their is people. Your, something belonging to; you're, you are a dumb ass. Any other **** remarks?

“I’d think if your paid to put something out”
    you’re*

“Jeff and BA are the best in the biz at there profession”
    their*

Keep grinding my friend.

• Options
    MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@fmr33 said:

@MacDawg15 said:

@fmr33 said:

@MacDawg15 said:
    Chip just drives me insane. I've never read an article that didn't have AT LEAST 1 grammatical error. I'd think if your paid to put something out to the public maybe it deserves going over once at least before it's put out. N for a guy that I'm sure didn't play any type of school fb, he certainly thinks he knows the game inside and out. I love all ppl that have anything to do with DAWGNATION and UGA in general but his opinion on things has literally zero value to me, and that's what most of his writing consists of. I just can't see how he gets a check. But jmo

It’s really hard to take your opinion on Chip’s grammatical mistakes seriously when you repeatedly misspell words and use the incorrect form of your/you’re and there/their/they’re.

Wanna tell me where you see that smartass? There is a place, their is people. Your, something belonging to; you're, you are a dumb ass. Any other **** remarks?

you’re*

their*

Keep grinding my friend.

Once again my bachelors is not in journalism like the people paid to do it. But I corrected myself in the next msg clarifying there and you're. Like your pal I just didn't read my post twice before I sent it. Anything else?

• Options
    fmr33fmr33 Posts: 210 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@MacDawg15 said:

@fmr33 said:

@MacDawg15 said:

@fmr33 said:

@MacDawg15 said:

you’re*

their*

Keep grinding my friend.

Once again my bachelors is not in journalism like the people paid to do it. But I corrected myself in the next msg clarifying there and you're. Like your pal I just didn't read my post twice before I sent it. Anything else?

Nope. Good day sir.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Manuel i used to hate but he’s grown on me.

No one really writes any more it seems like. The one she I don’t like I just refuse to read

• Options

@insertusernamehere said:
    He’s not much of a writer, but I can’t stand Cowherd any more.

One of my least-liked talking heads. I guess he probably does do a little writing here and there...and I'm sure it sucks as well.

• Options
    DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No, there is not a writer that I despise. I am surprised at some of the strong feelings here. I am glad that we can challenge them on specifics but I do not get the contempt for the person.

• Options
    skidmarksskidmarks Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not a lot of writing anymore , people have gotten lazy as H in the digital age, they had rather watch and or listen than read. Therefore good writing has met the dust bin of history and we are left with a bunch of bloviating talking heads. Reading is important because it allows the reader time to compare and contemplate truth and reality vs what is being communicated. Visuals and audio stimulate an impulsive response which by nature is most often wrong . Long live Whata got Loran !

• Options
    CaliforniaDawgCaliforniaDawg Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

Cy Brown. His articles were almost always rehashing what other dawgnation authors wrote. I didn't learn anything reading his articles. However, his articles had really really good article titles that made me want to click on them, but I always checked who wrote it and wouldn't click on his as I knew they were insight and information free.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CaliforniaDawg said:
    Cy Brown. His articles were almost always rehashing what other dawgnation authors wrote. I didn't learn anything reading his articles. However, his articles had really really good article titles that made me want to click on them, but I always checked who wrote it and wouldn't click on his as I knew they were insight and information free.

But he had, by far, IMHO, the best dog videos. Since he left the quality of dog videos has dropped remarkably.