Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

The fan negativity could be worse

BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I shake my head at the complaints about Chaney. Same folks thought Bobo was terrible, but at least their numbers are relatively few. The crowd is really swelling against Helton in Knoxville. What are they expecting after 5 games? It is like they think the fire in the dumpster was only set so the children could roast marshmellows before and after games.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/threads/helton-a-joke-of-a-play-caller.296418/page-2_****_

Comments

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

@Bankwalker said:
    I shake my head at the complaints about Chaney. Same folks thought Bobo was terrible, but at least their numbers are relatively few. The crowd is really swelling against Helton in Knoxville. What are they expecting after 5 games? It is like they think the fire in the dumpster was only set so the children could roast marshmellows before and after games.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/threads/helton-a-joke-of-a-play-caller.296418/page-2_****_

They’ve only got five star hearts right now. Need some five star players

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bankwalker said:

Looks like this forums **** word censor censored a word in that URL. So now the URL doesn’t work.

• mleemlee Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Not if you listen to most sites about UGA. Everyone keeps saying we are playing so sloppy and shouldn’t be ranked 2nd.. So guuess Clemson’s should be second who has now barely escaped 2 of their games. Is Ohio St better than us? Big 10 is great against other Big 10 teams which haven’t done so well when playing out of conference this yr. OU has no defense still and Army showed everyone how to beat them! The only team that looks unstoppable right now is Bama and they are #1.. This isn’t the same team as last yr but they are still beating everyone by 2 touchdowns.. Just remember if CMR was here we would have lost to Mizzu and have no chance against LSU and Kentucky. Can’t say Auburn bc CMR could beat them... Sorry for the rant but it’s like nobody is enjoying winning this yr...

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@mlee Exactly. The only reason we should be #2 isn’t because we deserve it so much. It’s because we’ve done better than the competition. It’s the same reason Bama made the playoffs last year.

Bama’s end of the season last year didn’t make it look like they ‘deserved’ to be in the playoffs. But in the month they had off before the playoffs, they recovered from some injuries and so got better.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We are better and more deserving than the teams we beat.

Bama and OSU and Notre Dame get bonus points. Maybe Clemson, too. But, all that matters for Georgia is winning. As long as we win we control our destiny.

Because we are an elite team, HOW we win is of issue to our fans and talking heads, but because we are so very young it matters a lot less how we win than whether we win.

Go, Dawgs!

• DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with everyone so far on this post. Doesn't happen much. Team has some growing to go through, but love watching them win convincingly after decades of close games and surprising loses. Go Dawgs!!!