Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Does anyone here consider Finebaum a real authority on SEC football?

2»

Comments

• Options
    MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wait a minute, we're all experts aren't we?

• Options
    PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MeR3htid said:
    Wait a minute, we're all experts aren't we?

Yeah, and Paul Finebaum doesn't know anything.

• Options
    kelly_bkelly_b Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No, I really don't think he's an expert. He makes a living off of making fun of low-hanging fruit.

• Options
    MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh yeah he's almighty smug and arrogant alright. But I still enjoy the show. After all, it (College Football) is SHOW BUSINESS.

• Options
    bvilledawgbvilledawg Posts: 85 ✭✭✭ Junior

His redneck-ass callers make his show entertaining and he caught magic in a bottle while on Birmingham radio when he discovered that he could be, Jerry Springer of alabama. It worked. Since going to tv, he talks too much and tries to make it about him and ole nikki. He's so obsessed with Saban that you'd think they park down by the duck pond every Friday night scheming strategies for Saturday, or doing something else.

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don’t consider him no more a football expert than the folks on the forum here.

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JimWallace said:
    I think he's worth listening to in the car on my drive home. He knows more about football than most of his callers. Many of his guests know a lot more. For example, I'm watching his show on tv at this minute. The guest is a DGD and is very knowledgeable, Matt Stinchcomb. Guys like him make the show.

To say nothing of a Florida graduate who was also Miss Florida. And, oh, she does know a lot about football, Laura Rutledge.

Go, Dawgs!

I recommend upgrading the radio in your car to something that lets you connect wirelessly to your phone and play anything you want to from your phone. There are a lot of junk podcasts out there, but there are also some really good ones, it’s just hard to find them because there are so many more junk ones.

DawgNation’s own BA does an excellent podcast called DawgNation Daily.

Pioneer has a whole line of car radios that are very popular which supports both Android Auto and Wireless CarPlay. Make sure to get Wireless CarPlay and not just CarPlay. Most people buying a new car don’t have Wireless CarPlay as an option. But since you’d be buying aftermarket, you do.

And with one of these upgraded Pioneer radios, you could even do things like display a mapping app on the radio screen and it will do turn by turn navigation for you, etc..

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:

@JimWallace said:
    I think he's worth listening to in the car on my drive home. He knows more about football than most of his callers. Many of his guests know a lot more. For example, I'm watching his show on tv at this minute. The guest is a DGD and is very knowledgeable, Matt Stinchcomb. Guys like him make the show.

To say nothing of a Florida graduate who was also Miss Florida. And, oh, she does know a lot about football, Laura Rutledge.

Go, Dawgs!

I recommend upgrading the radio in your car to something that lets you connect wirelessly to your phone and play anything you want to from your phone. There are a lot of junk podcasts out there, but there are also some really good ones, it’s just hard to find them because there are so many more junk ones.

Pioneer has a whole line of car radios that are very popular which supports both Android Auto and Wireless CarPlay. Make sure to get Wireless CarPlay and not just CarPlay. Most people buying a new car don’t have Wireless CarPlay as an option. But since you’d be buying aftermarket, you do.

And with one of these upgraded Pioneer radios, you could even do things like display a mapping app on the radio screen and it will do turn by turn navigation for you, etc..

Why assume I don't have that?

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    Tanner25Tanner25 Posts: 51 ✭✭ Sophomore

I still don’t understand why Kirby or our players weren’t on his show during media days. First time in ATL, SEC Champs, & Kirby was on other outlets. Seems planned or UGA is blowing him off cause Kirby knows how close he is to Bama

• Options

@JimWallace said:

@levander said:

@JimWallace said:

Go, Dawgs!

Go, Dawgs!

Damnit, I just re-read your post, I responded to the wrong person. Someone above was saying he only had two options, Finebaum or the SEC Network. That response was meant for him.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:

@JimWallace said:

@levander said:

@JimWallace said:

Go, Dawgs!

Go, Dawgs!

Damnit, I just re-read your post, I responded to the wrong person. Someone above was saying he only had two options, Finebaum or the SEC Network. That response was meant for him.

Hey, not a problem. I like listening to Paul's show which is why I listen to it. I have the capacity to listen in the car to my podcasts and such if I want to, but I do not have the fancy newest version of one of the high tech radios you mentioned and have made me drool over.

Worse, my vehicle doesn't lend itself to that kind of upgrade. It would be either impossible to upgrade or extremely expensive depending on who you talk to. I've considered it. Fortunately, my system is modern enough and good enough for all my needs even though it's not quite the bee's knees.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options

@JimWallace said:

@levander said:

@JimWallace said:

@levander said:

@JimWallace said:

Go, Dawgs!

Go, Dawgs!

Hey, not a problem. I like listening to Paul's show which is why I listen to it. I have the capacity to listen in the car to my podcasts and such if I want to, but I do not have the fancy newest version of one of the high tech radios you mentioned and have made me drool over.

Worse, my vehicle doesn't lend itself to that kind of upgrade. It would be either impossible to upgrade or extremely expensive depending on who you talk to. I've considered it. Fortunately, my system is modern enough and good enough for all my needs even though it's not quite the bee's knees.

Go, Dawgs!

Best Buy carries most of the Pioneer radios and will install them. I’d talk to them and see what you think.. It is tedious figuring out what you need. Like there’s some adapter made by Maestro I think that maps all the car connections to the Pioneer radio connections. And you have to buy the right one for your car. If you have a luxury branded car like a Lexus, you probably are out of luck with the upgrade.

But it’s a fool’s errand to try to keep up with all the technology invading our cars these days. I bought a car last year because I had to. My Maxima I bought new and drove 18 years just had a repair bill I couldn’t justify paying. What I ended up with is basically version 1.0 of what I considered most important of all these technologies coming to cars. And I still need to replace my radio with one of those Pioneer ones. But I got stuff like auto-braking if you’re about to hit something, etc.. But anyway, I got what I consider version 1.0. And I plan on just waiting out all the new technologies that are coming. Then I’ll buy a new car after things have settled down.