Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Instant Karma, The ump gifted Acuna a GRAND SLAM !

WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The cheating buzzard called a strike on ball four, Acuna crushed a grand slam deep to center field on the next pitch. That was instant karma
Thank you very much A-hole.

Comments

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Acuna broke Mickey Mantle's MLB record for the player youngest to hit a grand slam in the playoffs.

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Braves live to play another day, Game 4 Monday at 4:00

@coastaldawg said:
    Braves live to play another day, Game 4 Monday at 4:00

Bravo Bravos !

• kelly_bkelly_b Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I love when I can eat my words. Guess I'm not going to bother going to bed tonight. It's 6a.

@kelly_b said:
    I love when I can eat my words. Guess I'm not going to bother going to bed tonight. It's 6a.

I sarcastically called tonight a farewell to the season.
    That blown call on a ball 4 to Acuna was the key.

And they almost managed to give it all away. But I was chatting w/ my cousin in Dalton as the game went on and next thing I knew, I had a pot of coffee brewing. Live to fight another day.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think he called it a strike because of the relaxed way Acuna took it but so glad he did.

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2018

Folty starting again in Game 4, hopefully he’ll calm down and go at least 6 innings.

We need him to eat some innings. With, you know, not giving up runs.

@orlando said:
    I think he called it a strike because of the relaxed way Acuna took it but so glad he did.

Acuna stepped away from the box as the pitch was thrown, I agree that could have factored in.
    It's just another in an endless line of bad calls. It's nuts to have a perfect system to call balls and strikes and not use it.
    Dump the ump, let cameras call the shots.

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@orlando said:

It appeared that way to me, too.

@WCDawg said:

@orlando said:

Acuna stepp

ed away from the box as the pitch was thrown, I agree that could have factored in.

It's just another in an endless line of bad calls. It's nuts to have a perfect system to call balls and strikes and not use it.

That strike zone was shifted about 4 inches to the left. Every inside pitch to lefty’s was a strike and outside was a ball.

I gotta admit. Those Dodgers hitters are extremely disciplined and tough to pitch to.

That Hillbilly 3rd baseman is a real pest.

@Bigcalidawg said:
    I gotta admit. Those Dodgers hitters are extremely disciplined and tough to pitch to.

That Hillbilly 3rd baseman is a real pest.

Turner was raised up in the hills of Long Beach California, he looks the part though.

Quote Justin Tuner "Awww Nutttin'!"

• DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:
    The cheating buzzard called a strike on ball four, Acuna crushed a grand slam deep to center field on the next pitch. That was instant karma
    Thank you very much A-hole.

That ego BS from umps drives me crazy, but I'm happy it happened last night leading to a grand slam!

C.B. Bucknor is not on this crew is he?

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@orlando said:

Acuna stepped away from the box as the pitch was thrown, I agree that could have factored in.

Wish it were the argument room. I like the fact that umps miss calls, really I do. It makes things more uncertain and therefore more exciting or nerve wracking if you wish. In my mind, a robot calling the game would be boring. It might prevent arguments but there aren't all that may arguments over balls and strikes any more. Plus, I'm not sure the camera is always right. Someone has to make a judgement about where the camera sits and what it measures etc. Plus, haven't you ever booed the umpires when they come out on to the field? I love that part of the game.

@donm said:

@WCDawg said:

@orlando said:

Wish it were the argument room. I like the fact that umps miss calls, really I do. It makes things more uncertain and therefore more exciting or nerve wracking if you wish. In my mind, a robot calling the game would be boring. It might prevent arguments but there aren't all that may arguments over balls and strikes any more. Plus, I'm not sure the camera is always right. Someone has to make a judgement about where the camera sits and what it measures etc. Plus, haven't you ever booed the umpires when they come out on to the field? I love that part of the game.

I think this game is too complex and subjective to put in "robots," (though I'd love to see Sweet Lou throwing bags at one). I'm with you. Anyway, for the most part these guys do a great job. Yeah, they do make mistakes, sometimes game-deciding ones (infield fly rule, anyone?), but I also love the human element.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@kelly_b said:
    C.B. Bucknor is not on this crew is he?

knowing nothing else, that would be an excellent guess!!