Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Braves lose

AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Had a good season. A few players short of a contender. Maybe next year...
Now 100% focus on the Dawgs.

Comments

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe.... it’s the ways Georgia sports go

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JRT812 said:
    Maybe.... it’s the ways Georgia sports go

Know what you mean. I think the dawgs are going to end that ..... whatever

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AndersonDawg said:
    Had a good season. A few players short of a contender. Maybe next year...
    Now 100% focus on the Dawgs.

Overall, a very pleasantly surprising season. Pretty much a flop in the post-season. Only 2 guys hit /250 and the rest were below that. AA needs to get his butt in gear and construct a dependable bull pen. Ours was a disaster imo. I think our young position players will get better with a year under their belts. Might have to make a decision on Swanson. Hopefully the young arms (folty and Newcombe) will continue to improve. What to do with Teheran? Upgrade at catcher? Young arms are supposedly "currency" so it may be time to start spending some of it/them. Look forward to the hot stove league this year.

And, please, somebody tell Freddy Freeman that he isn't superman and can safely take a day or three off during the season. No extra points for playing in every game, especially when your average drops precipitously towards the end of the year.

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great season. Time for management to figure out what they want to do with our young pitchers, need to decide which ones to add to the rotation, which ones to move to bullpen, and which ones to trade for needed pieces.

• Options
    Dawg4Life912Dawg4Life912 Posts: 138 ✭✭✭ Junior

I firmly believe we are a few KEY acquisitions away from being a force next year and for many years to come. I really want to add JT Realmuto or Manny Macachdo. And a top of the line starter. We have the money and trade assets to make these things happen!!

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Dawg4Life912 said:
    I firmly believe we are a few KEY acquisitions away from being a force next year and for many years to come. I really want to add JT Realmuto or Manny Macachdo. And a top of the line starter. We have the money and trade assets to make these things happen!!

Don’t forget to address the bullpen on your wish list.

• Options
    kelly_bkelly_b Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2018

We got some money to play with now. Let's see how our GM takes care of business. The game inside the game tells you a lot. And keep developing talent!

• Options
    TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They have got to consistently throw more strikes, that was a major issue all around.

• Options
    kelly_bkelly_b Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@TNDawg71 said:
    They have got to consistently throw more strikes, that was a major issue all around.

It was - from the top of the rotation to the back of the pen. And one other thing. Somebody needs to teach Albies some patience at the plate. Nobody loved our Braves' aggressive style of play more than me this year, but you gotta learn to work a pitcher, too. It was a wonderful season to watch, tho.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@kelly_b said:

@TNDawg71 said:

It was - from the top of the rotation to the back of the pen. And one other thing. Somebody needs to teach Albies some patience at the plate. Nobody loved our Braves' aggressive style of play more than me this year, but you gotta learn to work a pitcher, too. It was a wonderful season to watch, tho.

I think the almost rookie will learn...I like Seitzer as a hitting coach.