Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Falcons Game

2»

Comments

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Teddy said:
    Time for the Falcons to use some higher round draft picks on o-linemen. 4 offensive linemen drafted in 6 years. Only 1 (Matthews) being a first rounder. 4th rounder is the next highest pick. Either that or go sign/buy more than just Mack.

Signing Mack was huge, but they need at least 1 more near elite OL. Ryan has already been sacked 19 0r 20 times this season and we see he's constantly pressured. He deserves big credit for staying cool.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@LowcountryDawg21 said:
    Here’s a question- if there’s a choice between Tevin and Devonta, who do you keep? Devonta seems to be dealing with a lot of injuries, I wonder if he’s going the way of most NFL backs.

Freeman got paid, now he’s conveniently always hurt. Saving those legs for a couple of years of production before his last big contract lol

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:
    Time for the Falcons to use some higher round draft picks on o-linemen. 4 offensive linemen drafted in 6 years. Only 1 (Matthews) being a first rounder. 4th rounder is the next highest pick. Either that or go sign/buy more than just Mack.

Signing Mack was huge, but they need at least 1 more near elite OL. Ryan has already been sacked 19 0r 20 times this season and we see he's constantly pressured. He deserves big credit for staying cool.

Agreed

• Options
    edited October 2018

@LowcountryDawg21 said:
    Here’s a question- if there’s a choice between Tevin and Devonta, who do you keep? Devonta seems to be dealing with a lot of injuries, I wonder if he’s going the way of most NFL backs.

Freeman if his injuries are temporary. Coleman has shown quite a bit this season though, and Smith has surprised me. Coaches seem to have broke Smith from using the long sideways jump cuts he favored in college, those are too slow and lateral for this league.

• Options

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@LowcountryDawg21 said:
    Yeah, that was terrible. That drive was really looking good. I’m glad this game isn’t against the Ain’ts.

Lose this game and the season looks almost hopeless, you'd think they'd go with what has proved to work.
    The Falcons will have 10 million invested in Julio's next td.

Season was pretty much hopeless when Neal and Deion went down.

I still hold out hope, but I still call the Turkish capital Constantinople and I'm convinced The Beatles will get back together.

• Options
    LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How do you have all these false start penalties at home?!?!

• Options
    LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Say what you will about Dan Quinn, but the man has some stones.

• Options

@LowcountryDawg21 said:

No doubt, I think he'll win our first Super Bowl in the next few years. Just get healthy and add a few more pieces.

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2018

Robert Alford is a huge liability. He got torched all night and called for two holds. This game should not have been close. With that said, the best play of the night was the 56-yard FG.

• Options
    LD10LD10 Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@LowcountryDawg21 said:

It is bad when you have to go for 50 plus yard field goals toward the end of the game because you know your defense cannot stop anybody at the end of the game. Our defense cannot allow a receiver to h at you on a 50 yard pass. Quinn does have boulders.

• Options

@LD10 said:

@LowcountryDawg21 said:

It is bad when you have to go for 50 plus yard field goals toward the end of the game because you know your defense cannot stop anybody at the end of the game. Our defense cannot allow a receiver to h at you on a 50 yard pass. Quinn does have boulders.

The secondary is crippled and maybe the best cover LB in the NFL is also out for the season.

• Options
    LD10LD10 Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@WCDawg said:

@LD10 said:

@LowcountryDawg21 said:

The secondary is crippled and maybe the best cover LB in the NFL is also out for the season.

I know they have 3 defensive backs out for the season, but they still should not let anyone get behind you 50 yards downfield up 2 scores. You have to keep them in front on you and make them run clock.

• Options

@LD10 said:

@WCDawg said:

@LD10 said:

@LowcountryDawg21 said:

I know they have 3 defensive backs out for the season, but they still should not let anyone get behind you 50 yards downfield up 2 scores. You have to keep them in front on you and make them run clock.

No doubt, but having all the safeties who trained with the starting defense out has to be tough to overcome, those are the players responsible for supporting CBs when receivers get by them. Also not having that great cover LB in the middle is huge.