Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

The Camp Fire is shaping up as our worst natural disaster since Katrina..

Comments

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@bobby said:
    Should've raked more...

American politics in 2018....Never miss an opportunity to be a complete dick.

Okay, now I’m confused, What does being critical of someone’s raking abilities have to do with politics?

Stay confused or figure it out.

It has nothing to do with it, does it?

I'm done with this.

Good, because you really weren’t making any sense.

You're either ill informed or intellectually dishonest, either way, it's not my concern.

Well, I started commenting in here asking, what does raking have to do with politics? So I was trying to become informed. But apparently to some folk (usually I use an ‘s’ in the end of that word, but it’s not appropriate here) trying to become informed is behavior to be mocked and down-voted.

I don't trust your motives or objectivity in the least bit on this subject, I won't be dragged down a rabbit hole.

Will you cut it out with the paranoid/schizophrenic shtick and just spit it out what it is that makes you think raking has to do with politics?

I don't owe you a thing. end of discussion.

Good, because you really weren’t making any sense whatsoever.

Look, if I believed you really have no idea, no context to what has been going on, I'd be glad to get into this, but I think you do, I think you have absolutely no willingness to admit anything. I see this constantly in today's political climate when it comes to this particular person. So forgive me or don't, I'm not going to indulge your agenda.

So what you’re trying to tell me is the paranoid/schizophrenic thing isn’t a shtick?

For neutral posters' eyes.

• HRDHRD Posts: 32 ✭✭ Sophomore

@levander said:
    You know, just when you start to like WC... then he turns on you!

Looks like I’ve got another DV stalker.

Where is YaleDog? Why isn’t he DV’ing me in this thread too?

I'm noticing that any and all of my posts are being downvoted as well.

Oh well. I tried.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@bobby said:
    Should've raked more...

Okay, now I’m confused, What does being critical of someone’s raking abilities have to do with politics?

I'm done with this.

You're either ill informed or intellectually dishonest, either way, it's not my concern.

Well, I started commenting in here asking, what does raking have to do with politics? So I was trying to become informed. But apparently to some folk (usually I use an ‘s’ in the end of that word, but it’s not appropriate here) trying to become informed is behavior to be mocked and down-voted.

I don't trust your motives or objectivity in the least bit on this subject, I won't be dragged down a rabbit hole.

Will you cut it out with the paranoid/schizophrenic shtick and just spit it out what it is that makes you think raking has to do with politics?

Look, if I believed you really have no idea, no context to what has been going on, I'd be glad to get into this, but I think you do, I think you have absolutely no willingness to admit anything. I see this constantly in today's political climate when it comes to this particular person. So forgive me or don't, I'm not going to indulge your agenda.

So what you’re trying to tell me is the paranoid/schizophrenic thing isn’t a shtick?

Are you off your meds again WC?

Are you gonna get all hissy again if I ask what the hell you mean by that?

edited November 2018

This post isn't for any particular poster.
    I've learned something over the past 2 years. There is a point where an M.O. becomes apparent with some people, particularly Trumpsters. They either are dense or pretend to be, at that point it serves no purpose whatsoever to continue a conversation. When a Trumpster makes derogatory comments, which they often do, **** hear **** do, then just end it.

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:
    You know, just when you start to like WC... then he turns on you!

Looks like I’ve got another DV stalker.

Where is YaleDog? Why isn’t he DV’ing me in this thread too?

@ me next time

@WCDawg said:
    I've learned something over the past 2 years. There is a point where an M.O. becomes apparent with some people, particularly Trumpsters. They either are dense or pretend to be, at that point it serves no purpose whatsoever to continue a conversation. When a Trumpster makes derogatory comments, which they often do, **** hear **** do, then just end it.

End what, exactly?

@WCDawg said:

So you’re not speaking about any one person in particular? You’re just kind of aware of what’s floating out there in the ethos and felt the need to randomly spout off about one of those floating things right here in this particular thread?

Or did this thread always in your mind have more to do with Trump than you were letting on?

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@WCDawg said:

@bobby said:
    Should've raked more...

I'm done with this.

Are there people on this board who you think have neautral eyes? Or are you and the people who agree with you the only ones?

• jgf1031jgf1031 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pardon my ignorance and please know I mean no disrespect to the many who've died, but I'm having a hard time grasping how so many people have died through all this. How fast are these fires moving? Are they stubborn and refuse to evacuate? Does anyone have any firefighting experience that can shed some light?

If this has been addressed already, my bad. Saw that the thread got derailed and just skipped on down to the bottom.

Go Dawgs!

@jgf1031 said:
    Pardon my ignorance and please know I mean no disrespect to the many who've died, but I'm having a hard time grasping how so many people have died through all this. How fast are these fires moving? Are they stubborn and refuse to evacuate? Does anyone have any firefighting experience that can shed some light?

If this has been addressed already, my bad. Saw that the thread got derailed and just skipped on down to the bottom.

Go Dawgs!

All I can tell you is that, apparently, in California leaf raking is a political issue in 2018. That's what I've taken from this discussion...

edited November 2018

@jgf1031 said:

Go Dawgs!

What I’ve read is that the fires just moved fast as hell. I don’t remember numbers off the top of my head, but I want to say I saw like 60 MPH? Or maybe it just just 600 yards per hour? I just remember reading a number and trying to visualize it in my head and being like wow that Fire is moving...

A lot of people don’t have anywhere to go. And their first instinct is, I bet I have a good chance of making it if I just stay... And they don’t have a lot of time to make a decision when the fire is moving that fast. If they were even notified at all when the fire is coming that fast.

@levander said:

@jgf1031 said:

Go Dawgs!

What I’ve read is that the fires just moved fast as hell. I don’t remember numbers off the top of my head, but I want to say I saw like 60 MPH? Or maybe it just just 600 yards per hour? I just remember reading a number and trying to visualize it in my head and being like wow that Fire is moving...

A lot of people don’t have anywhere to go. And their first instinct is, I bet I have a good chance of making it if I just stay... And they don’t have a lot of time to make a decision when the fire is moving that fast. If they were even notified at all when the fire is coming that fast.

Appreciate the response. I kept thinking to myself, "How the hell do you get caught in a fire that you can see coming??"

But if it really is 60mph or anywhere near that fast, I totally understand how it's possible to get engulfed. Man, that has to truly be a nightmarish scene. It's one thing to see the video footage. Totally another to be present.

@HRD said:

@jgf1031 said:

Go Dawgs!

All I can tell you is that, apparently, in California leaf raking is a political issue in 2018. That's what I've taken from this discussion...

Shiit what isn't a political debate in 2018?

@jgf1031 said:

Go Dawgs!

Several factors made it so deadly. Paradise has many retirees, the roads are narrow, windy and there aren't many ways in or out. The fire hit early in the morning under very dry windy conditions and moved the distance of a football field in just seconds, It is a very woodsy town, lots and lots of combustible material to feed off of. It was so intense rescue and recovery personnel are having trouble telling if remains are human or animal.

edited November 2018

It was very windy and dry with lots of combustible material nearby. Combine that with an area with only one way in or out and you get a lot of deaths. Terrible situation for all involved.

Edit: what @WCDawg said. Didn't see his comment

@WCDawg said:

@jgf1031 said:

Go Dawgs!

Several factors made it so deadly. Paradise has many retirees, the roads are narrow, windy and there aren't many ways in or out. The fire hit early in the morning under very dry windy conditions and moved the distance of a football field in just seconds, It is a very woodsy town, lots and lots of combustible material to feed off of. It was so intense rescue and recovery personnel are having trouble telling if remains are human or animal.

Thanks for clarifying. What a horrible way to go..

@jgf1031 said:

@HRD said:

@jgf1031 said:

Go Dawgs!

If you watch news you probably know Trump used the fires to criticize California policy.
    If you're intellectually honest you probably know he does that sort of thing all the time.

@WCDawg said:

@jgf1031 said:

@HRD said:

@jgf1031 said:

Go Dawgs!

If you watch news you probably know Trump used the fires to criticize California policy.
    If you're intellectually honest you probably know he does that sort of thing all the time.

Not here to debate politics. This is my escape from politics.

@WCDawg said:

@jgf1031 said:

@HRD said:

@jgf1031 said:

Go Dawgs!

I understand your frustration with certain posters, but I'd stop commenting at them. It's just feeding the trolls at this point.

@jgf1031 said:

@WCDawg said:

@jgf1031 said:

@HRD said:

@jgf1031 said:

Go Dawgs!

Not here to debate politics. This is my escape from politics.

I responded to your post.
    I don't know of but one person who politicized these fires.