Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

GSU took us to the woodshed

BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited November 2018 in Basketball

And they didnt play anybody before us. This one exposed us. We need a point guard.

Comments

  • BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Man I hope so. Claxton and Hammonds are really good. We need some athletic guards who can shoot.

  • greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    It was a big disappointment. The school and fans are ready for a great team. We are sitting on a program that could take off in the next couple of years.

  • PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 979 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Painfully listened to it on the radio. It sounded worse than the score.

  • 3rdshift3rdshift Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    glorified pickup ball....so far...its like we traded a coach who only cared about d...to a coach who only cares about ? needs an identity...

  • judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Chemistry is more impartabt to a good team in basketball than any other sport (besides maybe QB-WR combos) We’re 5 games in guys. Lebron started 1-4 this year

    Chemistry is what makes an average team good and a good team great. I think we have an average team right now. Let coach crean get his system in and then make judgements. For gods sake he didn’t recruit a single player on this team if I’m not mistaken

  • WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2018

    We can't blame recruiting when we lose to a team of 1 and 2 star players.

    Crean's 1st season at Indiana was rancid. His 2nd year was very bad, his 3rd was bad and his 4th was good.
    I wouldn't expect much soon.

  • 3rdshift3rdshift Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    don't think he gets 4 yrs if his idea of a game/season plan is .....taking care of the ball be damd...lets have energy and do whatever you want....its like we went the xtreme opposite of fox....but we are paying double what we paid fox...."we play free and put up shots... and ohh yea we r going to play cool tourneys in cool places" sounds good to kids...but not when you get drug 2 out of 3...esp to gsu...regression with this talent should not be tolerated for what this guy makes....time will tell

  • BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @judasdurant said:
    Chemistry is more impartabt to a good team in basketball than any other sport (besides maybe QB-WR combos) We’re 5 games in guys. Lebron started 1-4 this year

    Chemistry is what makes an average team good and a good team great. I think we have an average team right now. Let coach crean get his system in and then make judgements. For gods sake he didn’t recruit a single player on this team if I’m not mistaken

    Speak on it

  • dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Y’all act like he was suppose to fix everything in one year. That’s not how basketball works. It takes time to turn things around the right way. GSU is a basketball school. They will be in the tourney come March. Give the man some time. They are going to win some and lose some games. There a lot of learning going on both sides players and coaches. It will take time. Tournament give you national exposure which helps with recruiting. Give the man a break.

  • superdawgsuperdawg Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @dbrown7494 said:
    Y’all act like he was suppose to fix everything in one year. That’s not how basketball works. It takes time to turn things around the right way. GSU is a basketball school. They will be in the tourney come March. Give the man some time. They are going to win some and lose some games. There a lot of learning going on both sides players and coaches. It will take time. Tournament give you national exposure which helps with recruiting. Give the man a break.

    Preach on it Brotha

  • superdawgsuperdawg Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2018

    Crean will do a great job here, but there will be Ups and Downs the first year or 2...watching Fox coached teams was worse than having dental work done...We will score more points and give up more points, but it will be WAY more entertaining.

  • WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @superdawg said:
    Crean will do a great job here, but there will be Ups and Downs the first year or 2...watching Fox coached teams was worse than having dental work done...We will score more points and give up more points, but it will be WAY more entertaining.

    It was 4 years before Crean had his first winning season at Indiana, the first 2 seasons were truly awful, and they are a basketball school with a rich history in the sport.

  • JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @greshamdisco said:
    It was a big disappointment. The school and fans are ready for a great team. We are sitting on a program that could take off in the next couple of years.

    It’s a gold mine for sure. So much talent in Georgia for both football and basketball that UGA should be good in both. It will happen

  • WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @JRT812 said:

    @greshamdisco said:
    It was a big disappointment. The school and fans are ready for a great team. We are sitting on a program that could take off in the next couple of years.

    It’s a gold mine for sure. So much talent in Georgia for both football and basketball that UGA should be good in both. It will happen

    Football, it is already happening, basketball, not in the near future.

  • JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @WCDawg said:

    @JRT812 said:

    @greshamdisco said:
    It was a big disappointment. The school and fans are ready for a great team. We are sitting on a program that could take off in the next couple of years.

    It’s a gold mine for sure. So much talent in Georgia for both football and basketball that UGA should be good in both. It will happen

    Football, it is already happening, basketball, not in the near future.

    Just saying the potential is there for both programs and hopefully UGA has found the guy to tap into that potential for basketball recruiting

  • superdawgsuperdawg Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @WCDawg said:

    @superdawg said:
    Crean will do a great job here, but there will be Ups and Downs the first year or 2...watching Fox coached teams was worse than having dental work done...We will score more points and give up more points, but it will be WAY more entertaining.

    It was 4 years before Crean had his first winning season at Indiana, the first 2 seasons were truly awful, and they are a basketball school with a rich history in the sport.

    Quit beating around the bush and say you think we made a bad hire...

  • TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    I still feel like we will be better quicker than 4 years. There is no doubt it won't be a quick fix, but hopefully they show strong progress.

Sign In or Register to comment.