Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Let's not kid ourselves...

AvgJoeAvgJoe Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm seeing a lot of chatter about UGA making the playoff even with a loss to Bama. While I'm sure it is a mathematical possibility, it's so small it really isn't worth writing about and IMHO makes us look a little insecure as a fan base.

That being said, I hope we whip the elephant dung out of them!

Comments

• Options
    BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not for sure why u think that.

1. Its very possible we lose sat.
    2. It's also possible (though less likely) that OSU and OU lose ssturday.
    3. If we all three lose, with our game being a close loss, I think we stand a good chance of getting in. Who would you put in, UCF?
    4. I heard Herbstriet talking about it last night on the Finebaum show.

So how does discussing all possibilities make us look insecure? I noticed that you said "I HOPE we whip the elephant dung out of them." I'm assuming that you didn't say "I KNOW we will whip the elephant dung out of them" because you have a little doubt. Does that make you sound insecure?

• Options
    Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BamaDawg said:

3. If we all three lose, with our game being a close loss, I think we stand a good chance of getting in. Who would you put in, UCF?

So how does discussing all possibilities make us look insecure? I noticed that you said "I HOPE we whip the elephant dung out of them." I'm assuming that you didn't say "I KNOW we will whip the elephant dung out of them" because you have a little doubt. Does that make you sound insecure?

You talking about the ucf team that’s won 21 in a row?

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AvgJoe said:
    I'm seeing a lot of chatter about UGA making the playoff even with a loss to Bama. While I'm sure it is a mathematical possibility, it's so small it really isn't worth writing about and IMHO makes us look a little insecure as a fan base.

That being said, I hope we whip the elephant dung out of them!

I honestly think if several contenders falter and we lose as well, a 13-0 UCF would have a good chance of moving up to the 4th spot.

• Options
    Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can you imagine the snowflake meltdown in Central Florida if a 2 loss Georgia team gets into the playoff and they don't?!

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm not concerned with this either. If we can't beat Bama on Saturday then we aren't the best team in the nation. Still had a helluva season.

• Options
    Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RxDawg said:
    Another way to look at this is we are already in the playoffs. This is game 1.

The SECCG is THE matchup this weekend.

• Options
    TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RxDawg said:

The only issue is, if we win we may not eliminate the other team

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,732 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Casanova_Flatulence said:
    Can you imagine the snowflake meltdown in Central Florida if a 2 loss Georgia team gets into the playoff and they don't?!

Maybe the Go5 conferences need to have a special championship bowl game. This year it would be 12-0 UCF vs. a 10-2 BYU or Fresno. That would be better than them playing some P5 team that finished 3rd or 4th in their conference.

• Options

@TNDawg71 said:

@RxDawg said:

The only issue is, if we win we may not eliminate the other team

If OU or OSU wins, I can't see them putting in Bama.

David beats Goliath in the first round.... then draws Goliath?

• Options

@pgjackson said:

Maybe the Go5 conferences need to have a special championship bowl game. This year it would be 12-0 UCF vs. a 10-2 BYU or Fresno. That would be better than them playing some P5 team that finished 3rd or 4th in their conference.

I'm surprised they haven't. Form their own mini division within the division. Probably some legal/money reasons that I'm not aware of.

• Options
    Midnite_TrainMidnite_Train Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RxDawg said:
    I'm not concerned with this either. If we can't beat Bama on Saturday then we aren't the best team in the nation. Still had a helluva season.

Exactly. If we lose the weekend soundly, I would much rather our seniors go out with a big Sugar Bowl victory

• Options

@Midnite_Train said:

@RxDawg said:

Exactly. If we lose the weekend soundly, I would much rather our seniors go out with a big Sugar Bowl victory

I think it's win and in, lose and it's Sugar time.

• Options
    HavenDawgHavenDawg Posts: 24 ✭✭✭ Junior

I can't imagine the CFP committee pairing UGA and Alabama again in the playoff so soon after the SECCG. In other words, if we lose I think it is Sugar no matter what happens to OSU and Ok. If we win, maybe it bumps us to 3, drops ND to 4 and avoids a 3rd Alabama/Georgia game in the same calendar year.

• Options
    MIghtydawgMIghtydawg Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@HavenDawg said:
    I can't imagine the CFP committee pairing UGA and Alabama again in the playoff so soon after the SECCG. In other words, if we lose I think it is Sugar no matter what happens to OSU and Ok. If we win, maybe it bumps us to 3, drops ND to 4 and avoids a 3rd Alabama/Georgia game in the same calendar year.

If we win, it is Clemson 1, Notre Dame 2, UGA 3 and Bama 4, just like last year.

• Options
    AvgJoeAvgJoe Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BamaDawg said:

1. I honestly feel these two teams/coaching staffs are pretty even in talent. The score may not reflect that come Saturday, but that's my opinion.

2. They could, and it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all.

3. Who would I put in? UGA! But, I'm not on the committee, I'm a fan. There are a number of teams that the committee might choose.

4. Herbstreit talks a lot. I think that's partially because he is paid to and partially because he just likes to hear his own voice. Regardless of his motivation, I've never really put too much weight into what he says.

The posts I was addressing are not discussing all possibilities, only the one that results in the team being rewarded for losing. I'm glad you noticed. I will help you connect the rest of the dots. By saying "hope" I am being reasonable and logical. Anyone that says they "Know" their team is going to win is either arrogant, careless with their words, or ****. In addition to not being insecure, I am also none of those things.

• Options

Or....we could kid ourselves, let's do !

• Options
    greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wait, snowflakes watch football? :D

• Options
    greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MIghtydawg said:

@HavenDawg said:

If we win, it is Clemson 1, Notre Dame 2, UGA 3 and Bama 4, just like last year.

Who would play who in the first round?