Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Let's not kid ourselves...

2»

Comments

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2018

@MIghtydawg said:

@HavenDawg said:
    I can't imagine the CFP committee pairing UGA and Alabama again in the playoff so soon after the SECCG. In other words, if we lose I think it is Sugar no matter what happens to OSU and Ok. If we win, maybe it bumps us to 3, drops ND to 4 and avoids a 3rd Alabama/Georgia game in the same calendar year.

If we win, it is Clemson 1, Notre Dame 2, UGA 3 and Bama 4, just like last year.

If Bama, Clemson and Oklahoma win, it's..

Bama
    Clempson
    ND
    Oklahoma in that order.

If Bama loses, Clempson, UGA and Oklahoma win, it's..

Clempson
    UGA
    ND
    Oklahoma

In that order.

If Clempson, OSU and UGA win, Bama, and Oklahoma lose it's

Clempson
    UGA
    ND
    Bama or OSU

In that order.

• Options
    dawgitimafandawgitimafan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@HavenDawg said:
    I can't imagine the CFP committee pairing UGA and Alabama again in the playoff so soon after the SECCG. In other words, if we lose I think it is Sugar no matter what happens to OSU and Ok. If we win, maybe it bumps us to 3, drops ND to 4 and avoids a 3rd Alabama/Georgia game in the same calendar year.

Yep not to mention I don't know as a fan if I can take getting beat by Alabama twice in a few weeks... I think the damage to either program would be almost irreparable.. recruits would be like wth. Hmm. Maybe should pre-order the whiskey in case this happens

• Options
    CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:
    Or....we could kid ourselves, let's do !

I was about to say "I kid myself all the time, it's great."

• Options
    MIghtydawgMIghtydawg Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@greygoose01 said:

@MIghtydawg said:

@HavenDawg said:

If we win, it is Clemson 1, Notre Dame 2, UGA 3 and Bama 4, just like last year.

Who would play who in the first round?

1. Clemson v. 4. Bama
    2. ND v. 3. UGA
  • Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@greygoose01 said:

@MIghtydawg said:

@HavenDawg said:

Who would play who in the first round?

It's always 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3.

• Options
    ftn49ftn49 Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Dawg1419 said:

You talking about the ucf team that’s won 21 in a row?

And also lost their starting qb for that time, for what its worth.

• Options
    Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Dawg1419 said:

@BamaDawg said:
    Not for sure why u think that.

1. Its very possible we lose sat.
    2. It's also possible (though less likely) that OSU and OU lose ssturday.
    3. If we all three lose, with our game being a close loss, I think we stand a good chance of getting in. Who would you put in, UCF?
    4. I heard Herbstriet talking about it last night on the Finebaum show.

So how does discussing all possibilities make us look insecure? I noticed that you said "I HOPE we whip the elephant dung out of them." I'm assuming that you didn't say "I KNOW we will whip the elephant dung out of them" because you have a little doubt. Does that make you sound insecure?

Lol. If who you play doesn’t matter let’s put our local high school in. They won 33 in a row.

• Options
    Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Raiderbeater1 said:

@Dawg1419 said:

@BamaDawg said:

3. If we all three lose, with our game being a close loss, I think we stand a good chance of getting in. Who would you put in, UCF?

So how does discussing all possibilities make us look insecure? I noticed that you said "I HOPE we whip the elephant dung out of them." I'm assuming that you didn't say "I KNOW we will whip the elephant dung out of them" because you have a little doubt. Does that make you sound insecure?

Lol. If who you play doesn’t matter let’s put our local high school in. They won 33 in a row.

Is your local HS ranked by cfb? I don’t think so.

• Options
    RobbieRob14RobbieRob14 Posts: 217 ✭✭✭ Junior

One thing that I really love about the CFP committee is that the members are fluid. That means that the decision making process and criteria could change from year to year. This year’s committee seems to be willing to put the better team (in their opinion) higher, despite W/L. This could mean a number of things

If UGA wins, they could put us at 2 and Bama at 3 so that the NCG isn’t the same as last year and possibly setting up a Bama/Clemson NCG.

They would almost CERTAINLY put the dawgs in if UGA, OU, OSU all lose, because they believe that we are better than the 2-loss teams and better than UCF.

This system is so much fun, and anyone who wants to expand it is just bitter.

Go Dawgs

• Options
    BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Dawg1419 said:

@BamaDawg said:

Yeah that's the UCF I'm talking about.

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RxDawg said:

@TNDawg71 said:

@RxDawg said:
    Another way to look at this is we are already in the playoffs. This is game 1.

The only issue is, if we win we may not eliminate the other team

If OU or OSU wins, I can't see them putting in Bama.

David beats Goliath in the first round.... then draws Goliath?

Zombie Goliath!