Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Any relief pitchers out there ?

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Bravos' bullpen faltered yet again last night. As good as most of AA's pickups have been, this bullpen is imploding. No lead is safe with them. I wonder if Acuna can pitch.

Comments

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It’s been pretty ****. I guess this team is cool with basically not having a closer let alone a setup guy? Defense has been garbage lately too. Maybe instead of bringing in the massive failure that is Duvall they should have brought in a few more arms? I don’t count Venters because he’s on the downside of his career.

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not trading for a couple of relievers before the trade deadline looks worse every game. Can't take too many games watching Sam Freeman and Winkler. They should have gotten some of their minor league guys used to relieving before they called them up, couldn't have done any worse.

• AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Typical Braves: get a superstar and let him get away: Andrelton Simmons SS and Craig Kimbrel RP are a couple of examples. Trading young talent away for Duvall!!! Mind boggling. I have been a Braves fan since 1966, but if they let Freddie Freeman get away, I’m done.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AndersonDawg said:
    Typical Braves: get a superstar and let him get away: Andrelton Simmons SS and Craig Kimbrel RP are a couple of examples. Trading young talent away for Duvall!!! Mind boggling. I have been a Braves fan since 1966, but if they let Freddie Freeman get away, I’m done.

Saw where Nick Ahmand, former Brave, has found a nice spot in Arizona with a contending club. I don't see much chance of Freddie leaving....glad to see he got a one day rest....hit the ball well last night.

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

My Relief Pitcher.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgBones said:
    My Relief Pitcher.

WAY better than what I had in mind!!