Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Jacksonville, needs improvement

Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Went to the game this weekend in Jacksonville and it had been eight years since my last visit. I wish that the administration at UGA and Florida would threaten to pull out or pull the game from Jacksonville without some major improvements. It took us an hour and 20 minutes to get out of the parking lot and two and half hours to get back to our hotel that was a 10 minute drive in that morning. There were plenty of police directing traffic but the roads are so screwed up there that it wasn't helping. I've been to a lot of games at a lot of venues and I've never seen anything as bad as it was Saturday night. Personally I would like to see some type of rotation between Athens, Gainesville and Jacksonville. Let our players experience the swamp at least once and let the florida players see what a real football town is like when they come to Athens.

Comments

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’d tend to agree but for the folks that matter($$$) the game could only be in a St. Simon’s high school stadium if not Jacksonville. If the game weren’t there it wouldn’t give the guys an excuse to get away from wives/drink/golf/watch a football game(in that order of importance to them) at the beach every year.

• MIghtydawgMIghtydawg Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You did something wrong. We stayed to the end of the game, walked back to the parking lot and were back in St. Simons by 8:30 eating dinner.

• Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@MIghtydawg said:
    You did something wrong. We stayed to the end of the game, walked back to the parking lot and were back in St. Simons by 8:30 eating dinner.

What lot? We were in the touchdown lot and nothing was moving and we stayed till the end as well.

@Lefty13 said:

@MIghtydawg said:

What lot? We were in the touchdown lot and nothing was moving and we stayed till the end as well.

Lot Z.

You have to have an exit strategy to get out of Jacksonville. If you just follow the flow of traffic, you will be there forever.

Those lots on that side of the stadium are awful. Because of the river, you are trapped with no place to go.

• BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MIghtydawg said:
    Those lots on that side of the stadium are awful. Because of the river, you are trapped with no place to go.

We were in lot K and no trouble getting out. However, I'll agree that Jacksonville is a dump.

• bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was in lot XX and @MIghtydawg is right you have to have an exit strategy. I’ll take it a step further and say you almost have to be a jerk. But will agree that’s the most disorganized mess I’ve ever seen. I sat about an hour and 20 but once I got out of the lot it wasn’t bad except for the block party we had to drive through. That was wild!