Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

HELP!!

HerschelismyHeroHerschelismyHero Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All of my discussion topics flipped from white type on a black background to black type on a white background box. Can you please help me change it back to a black background? Thanks

Comments

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Look in your profile for something like a ".theme" setting. That's my guess. Too lazy to check for you though.

Well, I decided to look now. Haven't found anything yet.

Have you tried viewing this site on another computer to make sure it's not a problem with whatever device your currently using?

• moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Haopens to me sometimes too. It eventually switches back. I haven't been able to find the settings for it.

Try signing out and signing back in to the forum? That could delete the cookie out of your browser.

If that don't work, try going into your browser's settings and deleting the cookie manually? Then sign back in.

• HerschelismyHeroHerschelismyHero Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks everyone. I appreciate it. The white is frustrating. Uugg
    Thanks

I'm having no success at changing it back and it's frustrating. Is there a person who is a formal contact on this board that I can reach out to?

One more question, what does the term "visits" mean in your profile? Thanks

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@HerschelismyHero said:
    Thanks everyone. I appreciate it. The white is frustrating. Uugg
    Thanks

Have you messaged SavageDawg17. He/She/They are very helpful. I would message rather than post

@HerschelismyHero said:
    I'm having no success at changing it back and it's frustrating. Is there a person who is a formal contact on this board that I can reach out to?

Did you try deleting the DawgNation cookie out of your browser? Did you try accessing the board from a different computing device?

Everyone else is looking at a black background with white text. So it sounds like something is happening when you log in that the forum software thinks you want a white background with black text. The cookie is often where web sites store a lot of information about individual users. A "theme" preference might be being saved in the cookie. Try logging out and then deleting the cooking. When you log back in, the cookie will be re-created, possibly without any information about you wanting a white background with black text.

Just log out of this web site. Then reload the page in your browser. Is it still white background/black text?

Thanks Levander, a ton, but it didn't work. I did try that.

Moos, thanks, it just switched back by itself. Weird.

• ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2017

...just saw the above post.

• moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Think I figured out the first half of this...

The white background/black text appears when you switch from the mobile site to the full site. There's not an obvious "switch to mobile site" link to switch back