Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

I have ZERO sympathy for Kentucky!!!

jtdawg2020jtdawg2020 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭ Junior
edited October 2018 in General

I am a UK alum BUT I have always been and will always be a DAWG. Been talking to my good friend who is a huge Kentucky fan and like many of their fans they really want this win in bad way. He is sending me this kentucky stuff talking about the history of their football team and how they have been let down so many times. Initially I started to feel bad and realize how important this game is for them. But now after thinking about it more, I have ZERO sympathy for them! They have dominated in basketball and won so many championships for so many years and they aren't ever going to slow down. Being a GA/Atlanta fan we havent ever come close to dominating any sport. Heck I barely remember the 95 world series. The falcons and Ga championship losses in back to back years is something that has scarred me for life. Im still not over either of them. Kentucky doesn't deserve any sympathy from us. They just need to wait till basketball season so they can enjoy winning again bc its coming to an end this weekend on the football field. We are heading up to Lexington Thursday and I hope we travel well as usual. I went to the Ga/Ky game there a couple years ago and the environment there is no joke. In conclusion, I want to beat them even worse Saturday. I hope its not even close! GO DAWGS!!!!!!!

Comments

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am a Wazzu alum, class on 92. I know exactly what KY is going through. I also know the disappointment they will feel when they lose two of their last 4 games. Very rarely does a team go from mediocrity season after season and then the top suddenly the next season. It takes time to build a serious contender. KY is certainly improving, and I hope they continue to improve. It's nice to see new teams start to break out. But reality is about to set in for the Wildcats.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,740 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kentucky is fundamentally strong, mature, and reasonably talented. They will be very ready for this game, and they want it very badly.

That said, I suspect Kirby wants it - and I mean Kirby as a person, an individual - Kirby wants it as bad as all the Kentucky team members, coaches, and fans put together. If he can transmit a little bit of his desire to win to his players and they buy in, watch out Kentucky.

Go, Dawgs!

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA knows what is on the line. Combination of last year and this game.... things are about to be make or break for those young men. I’m intrigued to see how they step up.