Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Finebaum

scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So I've had about enough of the guy who is the definition of "a face made for radio". I can usually get past his BS and Bama homerism and disdain for his callers, but today was the last straw. He already has morons on as his regular "UGA callers" but today he has some old loser call in claiming that he knows people and that it's a done deal that Fields is transferring to Oklahoma if Kirby doesn't guarantee him the starting job next year. Instead of just shutting this dumba$s down like he would if someone was talking out of school about Bama he practically encourages him and lets him run on...of course the guy is supposedly a Georgia fan.....certainly hope he's not actually some loony dawg fan. We don't need any freaking Updykes,,

Comments

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@scooterdawg said:
    So I've had about enough of the guy who is the definition of "a face made for radio". I can usually get past his BS and Bama homerism and disdain for his callers, but today was the last straw. He already has morons on as his regular "UGA callers" but today he has some old loser call in claiming that he knows people and that it's a done deal that Fields is transferring to Oklahoma if Kirby doesn't guarantee him the starting job next year. Instead of just shutting this dumba$s down like he would if someone was talking out of school about Bama he practically encourages him and lets him run on...of course the guy is supposedly a Georgia fan.....certainly hope he's not actually some loony dawg fan. We don't need any freaking Updykes,,

Can't stand Finebaum. Don't understand the appeal of his show. Didn't watch/listen today.

• Options
    CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@scooterdawg said:

Heard that today, also. I almost think it's some idiot that just wants attention. I was glad to hear Finebaum set him straight that, in his opinion, nobody will get any guarantees.

• Options
    PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Fields doesnt get the starting job next year so he transfers.... then regardless he is sitting and not playing that year. So to me it makes absolutely no sense

• Options
    Sparky_DAWGSparky_DAWG Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

I saw that as well. Thought about for about half a second and declared “FAKE NEWS!!” What that caller suggested is such a low character move, I’m offended for Fields. Just some yahoo blowing smoke IMO, but I don’t “know people” like he does. In the extremely unlikely event that he was right, I would have to say “good luck in your future endeavors” to Mr. Fields, but I don’t think for a second that a kid as smart as Fields is so short sighted as to not see the value in staying at UGA.

• Options
    BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was really into the show for a while, but the schtick has grown old.

It was cool when Laura was on there. Now, it’s only good when Burns is on.

• Options
    WayxGaDawgWayxGaDawg Posts: 100 ✭✭✭ Junior

Paul Finebaum is absolutely the biggest Saban worshipper in the National Sports Media! I am not someone who knows the Fields Family personally, like the caller claimed to be on the Finbaum show today! But I am willing to bet Kirby is not letting Fields leave UGA ! What I can guarantee you is every team in the SEC is hoping and praying Fields leaves Georgia as soon as possible! Georgia is going to take over SEC within the next year or two! And Paul Finebaum is even smart enough to see that!

• Options
    BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@scooterdawg said:
    So I've had about enough of the guy who is the definition of "a face made for radio".

Last week on his show Finebaum admitted his makeup artist used to be an embalmer, which I taped to send to my sister who is a fourth generation funeral director.

Would post it but don’t know how to link video.

• Options
    ftn49ftn49 Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Listen to Bill King... much better show

• Options
    ThisDawgThisDawg Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Screw Finebuam

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Speaking of Finebaum, Superfan Tammy from Auburn was killed, along with her 3-year-old granddaughter in a terrible car accident last Friday morning in Alabama. I enjoyed her melt-downs after an Auburn loss on Mondays. She was entertaining and quite humorous.

• Options
    TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It is a shock jock style show, with the shock coming from the callers. Nothing to see here, it just provides a SEC fix.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2018

The only thing you can do is not watch. I actually quit watching a long time ago. Or if I do watch it, I pause the show and skip through all the callers to see the interviews with legit sports people.

• Options
    Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I watch till I get to irritated with it. To much yelling, screaming, and inside jokes. Usually watch it for about 15 minutes or so. What's he going to do when Alabama isn't top dawg anymore. That time is rapidly approaching with the Dawgs in the east and Texas A &M in the west. Bama and Saban are fixing to ride off for the sunset.

• Options
    Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Also despise his "production people ". What a bunch of arrogant as----les.

• Options
    NYCLawDawgNYCLawDawg Posts: 66 ✭✭✭ Junior

Its just entertainment. And poor entertainment at that. You got the exact response he was looking for and listened to his antics. I don't think I have watched anything other than games on ESPN in about 10 years. #getwoke

• Options
    mleemlee Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I use to watch the show when it first came on but I too got tired of hearing how great Alabama is everyday. Paul likes to bully his callers and he can only do that if they are people like Darrell from GA.