Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

National Electronic Greeting Day

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not necessarily the most exciting of topics, but....if you are like me, perhaps there is someone you haven't connected with in too long of a time period and this is a chance to do so. If not, don't shoot the messenger. There weren't any other topics on the calendar that I look at.

Maybe you can greet some fans on another forum (not naming any names here) who are struggling with dumpster fires or unrealistic expecations.

I just received some letters that I had written to my parents back in the early 70's when I first went into the army. I had almost forgotten what hand written letters looked like. In some ways, I like them a lot more than e-mails and texts.

Comments

• Options
    CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

An electronic greeting to you, sir!!

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Catfish said:
    An electronic greeting to you, sir!!

an electronic thank you to you, sir!!

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wish a very Merry Christmas season to the entire DawgNation in all of the corners of the planet everywhere!!!!

• Options
    DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

​National Poinsettia Day is Dec. 12. Not totally on topic but did not want to star a new thread.

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It is National Lemon Cream Pie Day

https://nationaltoday.com/national-lemon-cream-pie-day/

My guess it is the same as a Lemon Meringue Pie without the Meringue. Link mentions whipped cream. Plus do not have to worry how to spell Meringue. Not to be confused with the Merengue: