Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

WE BEAT TECH!!!

christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited December 2018 in Basketball

YESSS!!!!! DAWGS WIN 70-59 in THEIR HOUSE!!!

Tagged:

Comments

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

good win for the dawgs. Claxton might be one of the most complete players in the SEC, if not the nation. I also liked seeing Jordan Harris attack the basket. He needs more playing time.

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm getting kind of excited for Georgia basketball--first time in years.

• PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It’s a great day in America!

Still a lot of work to do this season. I want us to make the tournament more than anything.

I would've felt a lot better about the tournament with a win over GA State and Az State.

• TomGroseTomGrose Posts: 221 ✭✭✭ Junior

I was at the game. Nicolas Claxton is a beast in person. Blocks shots, rebounds, dribbles and passes like a guard. 6'11". MOVES. He's the best b-ball player I've seen in red & black in decades. A sophomore. A good reason to watch this team!

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

BUMP....HELLS YEAH

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We have some talent, especially Claxton and Crump. Hammonds could put up big numbers if he stayed out of foul trouble and could stay on the court. Obeige has good size and could help the offense, if he could catch the ball. Have a very athletic team, if they can take care of the ball a little better and cut down on turnovers, they have a good chance of surprising some teams.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • a_rattlera_rattler Posts: 337 ✭✭✭ Junior

So basketball is still a thing eh

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How many did Dominique score?

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bobby Cremins is not walking through that door.

@TomGrose said:
    I was at the game. Nicolas Claxton is a beast in person. Blocks shots, rebounds, dribbles and passes like a guard. 6'11". MOVES. He's the best b-ball player I've seen in red & black in decades. A sophomore. A good reason to watch this team!

Agreed. He could evolve into a T Mac

@brentwilson said:
    Still a lot of work to do this season. I want us to make the tournament more than anything.

I don’t see us making the tourney this year

• HunkerDown1MoreTimeHunkerDown1MoreTime Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@brentwilson said:
    good win for the dawgs. Claxton might be one of the most complete players in the SEC, if not the nation. I also liked seeing Jordan Harris attack the basket. He needs more playing time.

Claxton close to a quadruple double against Tech today he had.... 13pts 13reb 6blks 6assists

• DCLeeDCLee Posts: 11 ✭ Freshman

Nice win. Couldn't help but notice that this POINT guard named Ashton "Formerly a UGA commit" Hagans had a nice game in Kentucky's win over UNC. And went day dreaming about having him running the back court with Hammonds, Claxton and Odbeide handling the front court!

UGA can never catch a break in basketball. UGA's problem and what has been there problem for years is turnovers and not having a kid that could run the point and finally they have a potential player with the potential to do that but he never gets to campus :( Turnovers are what separates tourney from non tourney teams.

The knock on Fox was he could never land the big player. So he finally has one committed and then can keep his job and surprise, surprise. Kentucky is right there just waiting to swoop in and grab him! Hopefully Crean can win enough games to keep the job to land a kid as talented as Hagans to add to some solid talent in Athens! And UGA could be an upper tier SEC program.

Fox definitely raised the level of UGA basketball but there is still another several layers there for the taking. Hope Crean raises the team further!

• LD10LD10 Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Does anyone know where is Fox now?

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bump....I can't think of a reason to let this slip off the page.

It would be really nice to have a quality basketball team to bridge the gap between the end of football season and G-Day.