Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

New favorite team Purdue,

ThisDawgThisDawg Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I mean, I'm all dawg, but the Purdue Boilermakers are Bulldog pedigree. I'm sold. What they have done with Tyler (young Purdue fan terminal with cancer) is great. I saw a fan base led only by the football team respectively supporting Tyler. Of course I enjoyed every touchdown and the commentary while doing so (Ohio State didn't offer this linebacker a scholarship, but couldn't field a linebacker for themselves).
New list:
1)UGA
2)Purdue
3)nobody
4)nobody
5)nobody

Go Dawgs. #TylerStrong

Tagged:

Comments

• ThisDawgThisDawg Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2019

My man passed away. May Tyler Trent R.I.P

• BiggerBadDawgBiggerBadDawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He got to make it to the bowl game and be there to see his Boilermakers beat Ohio State. He was very inspiring. I hope his family and friends take notice of how many folks he affected and know his legacy will live on through others. RIP young man, go fly pain free!

• UgaXforPresidentUgaXforPresident Posts: 275 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Ohio State loss to Purdue was one of the best college football stories I have ever seen. God Bless the Trent family, and all the Purdue players and coaches who seemed to mean the world to Tyler this season. RIP and thank you for your efforts.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fellas as a cancer patient I can tell you the hardest part of going for treatment is seeing the young people that are there fighting the fight. It’s a very humbling thing to spend some time in an infusion center, makes a person really appreciate what they have and to not sweat the small stuff. RIP Tyler you showed how to never,ever give up.

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

1)UGA
    2)Purdue
    3)whoever playing AU
    4)whoever playing Floriduh
    5)whoever playing Vols

• MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@orlando said:
    Fellas as a cancer patient I can tell you the hardest part of going for treatment is seeing the young people that are there fighting the fight. It’s a very humbling thing to spend some time in an infusion center, makes a person really appreciate what they have and to not sweat the small stuff. RIP Tyler you showed how to never,ever give up.

Hang in there, I’ve had friends beat it. It’s rough for the patient and their family/friends, so I wish you nothing but the best.

• Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I saw he passed after the Sugar Bowl and it really put things back into perspective for me very quickly. More important things in life we take for granted every day. RIP Tyler. Truly an inspiration

• BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@orlando said:

You and I have a bond that most can say they understand but don't...nor do I ever want them to. I'm a stage 4 cancer survivor...was given a 30% chance of making it. You are correct. I hated seeing the children in the chemo center. Broke my heart. I prayed that my having cancer meant that some child somewhere didn't have to. I know it doesn't work like that...but I prayed anyways that it did.

Congratulations on the win. I know you fought like h.e.l.l. I sure did.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That is awesome sir, cant hear enough good stories like yours !