Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Ever wondwr why Aliens haven’t ever abducted anyone important?

BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If they’ve really visited Earth from light years away, then you would think they could figure out better targets than just some rando who comes across as being schizophrenic.

Comments

• jay_kubzzjay_kubzz Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bankwalker said:
    If they’ve really visited Earth from light years away, then you would think they could figure out better targets than just some rando who comes across as being schizophrenic.

I theorize traveling light years causes extreme jet lag. Maybe these guys just want to nab the nearest bozo, do some rudimentary anal probing, drop them off on a deserted road and head south for some R&R.

• RetiredRedcoatRetiredRedcoat Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I kept waiting for the Eddie Gran reference but it never came

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The aliens don't want their abductions to create alarm. Would you want to spook the herd and rile your food up before harvesting?

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

you and @nycdawg been drinking together tonight?

• JKFlyfishJKFlyfish Posts: 558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Getting that post count up.

• TMazz2009TMazz2009 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nah but I like where your head is at. Doesn't make sense...sorta like $15 per hr minimum wage.

What came first...the chicken or the egg? Just great wonders of the world.

• Goldawg86Goldawg86 Posts: 22 ✭ Freshman

Aliens or illegal aliens?

• benjaminwgreggbenjaminwgregg Posts: 677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Cause they know we'll dismiss meth heads reports of being abducted. If they abducted someone important and beloved like the president, they'd blow their cover

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

the problem is when we assume aliens think like us and who we think important might not match their criteria

edited January 2019

@DogsNotDawgs said:
    the problem is when we assume aliens think like us and who we think important might not match their criteria

Good point, they might be recruiting people with thumbs who can move stuff for them. We take our thumbs for granted far too often.

• jc30116jc30116 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

@Goldawg86 said:

My neighbor resembles this. Just not sure which one.

@jc30116 said:

@Goldawg86 said:

My neighbor resembles this. Just not sure which one.

Can aliens legally fly in US airspace ?

• ThisDawgThisDawg Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I knew I was important. Btw history is littered with important people that have been in contact with a "higher power". Last big name I heard about that affiliated himself was Jimmy Carter. I think the apollo mission to the moon came back saying "we are not alone" .

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@kelly_b said:
    Ah...now the off-season truly begins! UFO's, Aliens, Probes and Abductions. Which SEC personalities are actually pod people? They're already here you know. Slipping through heretofore unknown portals, NCAA wormholes and manifesting on godforsaken planets like OSU. You're next. YOU'RE NEXT!

No question--Saban is a pod person. Finebaum is also. They tend to stick together too.

• tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

wonder if wild animals ask themselves the same question?

"I can't believe they took Bob, that guy is an idiot. Thankfully they never took Tom we could not survive without him"

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

except when we hitch hike> @WCDawg said:

@DogsNotDawgs said:

Good point, they might be recruiting people with thumbs who can move stuff for them. We take our thumbs for granted far too often.

They may want people with thumbs to hitch hike. BTW I hear third hand that the gesture we make when hitch hiking is the equivalent to giving someone the finger in Zimbabwe. This guy did not know that when trying to thumb a ride and got quite the reaction from motorists.