Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Mailbag

sethemersonsethemerson Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If you have any questions for me this week, please put them in this post. Normally I do mailbags as a separate post on Thursdays, but because of signing day responsibilities there won't be one this week. But happy to answer your questions here!

Comments

• SavageDawg17SavageDawg17 Posts: 1,535 mod
    edited January 2017

Thanks @sethemerson for the chance to ask questions.

I saw the DawgNation article this week that Devon Gales' family is really struggling with expenses. In response, I saw someone float the idea (in the tweet below) that UGA take up voluntary contributions at G-Day to support the Gales family.

Do you think this idea would be possible? Obviously would require buy-in from the UGA Athletic Association.

• Ryder72Ryder72 Posts: 24 ✭ Freshman

Seth do you think Warner not on UGA radar anymore is because we have no more spots available and if so (excluding Nico and Solomon) who could we be holding spots for?
    I think JW would have to be in fold...thoughts?

• WellRespectedPosterWellRespectedPoster Posts: 87 ✭✭✭ Junior

https://youtu.be/aYmOqPFyJPw

In all seriousness, have we added/hired any additional support staff within the last 90 days?

• SnoopDawgSnoopDawg Posts: 660 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Does Smart allow them freshmen to talk

• BullGawdBullGawd Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

Assuming that the offense and defense in year 2 progess under CKS, what would your opinion be on the realistic amount of wins this coming year that Dawg fans could expect.

• WellRespectedPosterWellRespectedPoster Posts: 87 ✭✭✭ Junior

@BullGawd said:
    Assuming that the offense and defense in year 2 progess under CKS, what would your opinion be on the realistic amount of wins this coming year that Dawg fans could expect.

• sethemersonsethemerson Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Ryder72 said:
    Seth do you think Warner not on UGA radar anymore is because we have no more spots available and if so (excluding Nico and Solomon) who could we be holding spots for?

Jeff Sentell is the man to ask on the recruiting front. I'm happy to answer more general recruiting questions, such as how a recruit will fit in with what the team has coming back, team needs, etc.

@WellRespectedPoster said:
    https://youtu.be/aYmOqPFyJPw

In all seriousness, have we added/hired any additional support staff within the last 90 days?

The last few open records requests haven't brought back any newsworthy additions, but those usually come after the recruiting period has ended. So there should be movement on that front soon.

@SnoopDawg said:

Only after they're no longer freshmen. That's why we got Eason, Nauta, Ridley and Rochester after finals ended in December. Academically they were no longer freshmen.

Same as at Alabama. But at Clemson, for what it's worth, freshmen can speak to the media after they've played in a game. So no spring or preseason interviews, but once the season starts and they play they can speak.

@BullGawd said:

Well, that's the big question, right?

Realistically, it's a very manageable schedule. It's hard to see them losing anything at home: Mississippi State, Kentucky and South Carolina are the toughest ones, on paper. There are dicey road trips: Notre Dame, Auburn, Georgia Tech, Tennessee, and the neutral site game with Florida.

If Georgia gets rolling, realistically it could win out. I think the defense should be even better next year, and the offense has a chance with the tailbacks coming back. But with uncertainty at O-line and receiver, and special teams, I'd realistically pick 10-2 right now. Let's say a loss at Auburn and a loss to either Notre Dame, Georgia Tech, Tennessee or Florida.

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Seth do you know the off season work out/film study regimen for players and specifically Eason?

@JayDog said:
    Seth do you know the off season work out/film study regimen for players and specifically Eason?

Nothing that specific. Eason did tell me after the bowl game he was going to be working in the off-season on things like footwork, reading coverages, etc.

• Ryder72Ryder72 Posts: 24 ✭ Freshman

@sethemerson said:

@Ryder72 said:

Jeff Sentell is the man to ask on the recruiting front. I'm happy to answer more general recruiting questions, such as how a recruit will fit in with what the team has coming back, team needs, etc.

Copy that

• SnoopDawgSnoopDawg Posts: 660 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@sethemerson said:

@SnoopDawg said:

Only after they're no longer freshmen. That's why we got Eason, Nauta, Ridley and Rochester after finals ended in December. Academically they were no longer freshmen.

Same as at Alabama. But at Clemson, for what it's worth, freshmen can speak to the media after they've played in a game. So no spring or preseason interviews, but once the season starts and they play they can speak.

Thats the way it should be! Sometime THE PROCESS is too cute for its own good

• BigGAdawgBigGAdawg Posts: 575 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@SavageDawg17 said:
    Thanks @sethemerson for the chance to ask questions.

I saw the DawgNation article this week that Devon Gales' family is really struggling with expenses. In response, I saw someone float the idea (in the tweet below) that UGA take up voluntary contributions at G-Day to support the Gales family.

Do you think this idea would be possible? Obviously would require buy-in from the UGA Athletic Association.

If we fill the house again on G-Day and charge $10 a head plus have donation buckets available that would solve the problems with getting the house built and would go a long way towards the ongoing travel/rehab expenses. I hope someone can make that happen.

• SavageDawg17SavageDawg17 Posts: 1,535 mod

@BigGAdawg said:
    If we fill the house again on G-Day and charge $10 a head plus have donation buckets available that would solve the problems with getting the house built and would go a long way towards the ongoing travel/rehab expenses. I hope someone can make that happen.

Agreed - one problem was on the day they had the Devon Gales press conference (hosted by David Pollack) and the announced the sale of the Gales shirts (with the Georgia G) their website crashed due to volume. I went back and ordered one days later but as you can imagine this probably cost them thousands of dollars in lost donations.

I don't think DawgNation would have any trouble paying $10 a head to attend G-Day - especially if the money was going to such a good cause, for an adopted Dawg!