Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Hot Takes about anything in CFB

SouthGA_DawgSouthGA_Dawg Posts: 227 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not much of a Hot Take but The ACC is the worst Power 5 conference, w/o Clemson they have nothing.

Comments

• mclartywmclartyw Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

At least they have Clemson. Pac 12 is a yikes right now.

• SouthGA_DawgSouthGA_Dawg Posts: 227 ✭✭✭ Junior

@mclartyw said:
    At least they have Clemson. Pac 12 is a yikes right now.

Oregon is coming up and teams like Stanford and Washington most seasons are top 25

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

According to BA from DawgNation Daily, the BIG-12 is a pillow fight conference. I think that’s one of the funniest things I’ve ever heard when it comes to characterizing the play of an entire college football conference.

• deutcshland_dawgdeutcshland_dawg Posts: 1,595 mod

I mean I get it, anyone can throw a slant

• DawgforeverDawgforever Posts: 291 ✭✭✭ Junior

The portal is ruining the sport

• Midnite_TrainMidnite_Train Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019
    1. Barring a colossal shift in population migration, there won't be another school winning their first national championship in the forseeable future

2. We will never see another defensive Heisman winner

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,648 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Midnite_Train said:
    1. Barring a colossal shift in population migration, there won't be another school winning their first national championship in the forseeable future

Excellent point. I don't see any newcomers on the horizon. UGA is the outsider in this regard among the Top 5-6 schools contending for the NC. Everyone else is just trying to get to a decent bowl game.

Tua will not last the whole 2019 season and Bama will lose their last 2 games. Anyone know who there backup QB is now?

• sauceddawgsauceddawg Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

The dominance of the southeastern region (including Clemson, FSU for a while, even texas) is really bad for the sport. Folks in the Midwest and on the west coast have pretty much given up on CFB because they know they cant compete. The talent pool/recruiting farm system and booster disparity is really not good. We love it cause its good for the dawgs but imagine youre a fan of say Purdue or Stanford. The way things are trending is not good. Some P5 programs are struggling to stay afloat financially.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

UCF had to cancel their order for 2018 NC rings....

@sauceddawg said:
    The dominance of the southeastern region (including Clemson, FSU for a while, even texas) is really bad for the sport. Folks in the Midwest and on the west coast have pretty much given up on CFB because they know they cant compete. The talent pool/recruiting farm system and booster disparity is really not good. We love it cause its good for the dawgs but imagine youre a fan of say Purdue or Stanford. The way things are trending is not good. Some P5 programs are struggling to stay afloat financially.

It's not our fault nobody gives a s#it about college football in California, Indiana, or NY.

• sauceddawgsauceddawg Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

@pgjackson said:

@sauceddawg said:

It's not our fault nobody gives a s#it about college football in California, Indiana, or NY.

no, its not our fault at all but we gotta be careful not to kill the golden goose

There will eventually be a spending cap on CFB coaching staffs and facility upgrades. The madness has to stop somewhere. The spending gap will ultimately result in there being only a handful of teams that can actually compete (I think we are there already). The NCAA will have to eventually implement some restrictions like what the NFL did to ensure competitiveness across the league.

• SouthGA_DawgSouthGA_Dawg Posts: 227 ✭✭✭ Junior

@pgjackson said:
    There will eventually be a spending cap on CFB coaching staffs and facility upgrades. The madness has to stop somewhere. The spending gap will ultimately result in there being only a handful of teams that can actually compete (I think we are there already). The NCAA will have to eventually implement some restrictions like what the NFL did to ensure competitiveness across the league.

As a UGA fan base we want bigger facilities to compete w/programs like Bama and Clemson but but with the top schools all jockeying for the best facilities/coaching staff it will leave lower tier Power 5 teams far far behind

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ghostofuga1 said:
    UCF had to cancel their order for 2018 NC rings....

@ghostofuga1 They did however have to "eat" the cost of all of those UCF National Champion Baseball Caps, and the UCF National Champion Tee Shirts that had already been pre-made also. There were hundreds in multiple boxes all in their locker room following their bowl game loss to LSU. First rumor is that a lot of trainers, and lowly assistants had to scurry about to get them all put away without the team having to actually see them. The second rumor was that they (the caps & shirts) were all later incinerated.

• tymoon31tymoon31 Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

@pgjackson said:
    Tua will not last the whole 2019 season and Bama will lose their last 2 games. Anyone know who there backup QB is now?

His brother

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Donald Trump said Trevor Lawrence was “good looking.”

God bless that kid, but he looks like a fu*king lion.

• RSDawgRSDawg Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can't stand that "Get the Picture" blog anymore.

• joeyww12000joeyww12000 Posts: 219 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Bigcalidawg said:
    Donald Trump said Trevor Lawrence was “good looking.”

God bless that kid, but he looks like a fu*king lion.

Every time I see him I think of this shark I used to see in my wildlife encyclopedias as a kid. It’s not a bad thing, it’s just what I think of.

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lil bit. Sharks have no arms, though.