Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

The Derby

cory430cory430 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That was bullsh!t.

Comments

• Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think somebody got robbed.

• cory430cory430 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I screwed that horse by picking him to win.

• SquillDawgSquillDawg Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not a great decision. The best horse won and he only affected the 1. To DQ the 7 and leave the 1 in the same spot is inconsistent.

However, watching the "winners" after in the winner's circle did make me think of this.

https://youtu.be/l8BvWrAwhtA

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Why did the horse leave the rail? Have you EVER seen a horse leave the rail and swerve in front of the other horses and then back again to the rail? The shortest distance to the finish line is along the rail. There is NO reason to EVER leave the rail if you are in the lead.

Sure, it’s a race. Why shouldn’t you be able to block? Except those are the rules and it was pretty plain as day. The right decision was made.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bumpin’s racing !

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I thought it was the right call. The leader swerved out six feet (2 lanes) to squeeze a horse making a move to his right and then immediately went back to the rail to deal with another horse that was pulling ahead against the rail. The infraction was clear and obvious.

• PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Terrible injustice. It was VERY WET & MUDDY. So the horse jumped a puddle, shifted right & then the jockey got him back to the rail. It's called INSTINCT, not INTENTIONAL. How did he know another horse was that close or not? The jockeys don't have rear-view mirrors and the horses have blinders. Maximum Security led wire to wire. He was the best horse. If any of the other horses/jockeys didn't want to have their progress impeded, then they should've been out front to begin with.