Home Diamond Dawgs Baseball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

College World Series

swilkerson73swilkerson73 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Really hoping UGA makes it to the CWS. Big baseball fan here. Follow the Braves religiously

But I've always found College Baseball a tough watch.

But, if the can make the Championship tournament. Now that would be compelling. I can remember back in 1990 when they won it all how big of a thrill that was.

Comments

• swilkerson73swilkerson73 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Lets hope they get there! For the first time in awhile they seem to have the talent to make a run at it

Baseball is such a funny game. Especially in small sample sizes anything can happen.

Just get in the tournament. Then you have a shot.

• MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I remember being 1 win away from being national champs in 08 and I still haven't gotten over those 2 losses to an inferior team. Baseball has always been a big part of my life up to when I signed at 21. IMO baseball is without question the toughest sport (individually). In no other sport can you fail 70% of the time and still be a great player.

If that natty loss in 08 teaches anything about baseball; the best team doesn't ALWAYS win as crazy as that sounds. I mean does anyone REALLY believe Coastal Carolina was the best team in America when they won it all a few years back? Getting hot both as a team and individually is the MOST important thing along with pitching depth. Doesn't matter if it's the Majors or college ball, the team that gets hot at the right time is the most dangerous. We have the "pieces" to win it all; and the pitching depth. Timely hitting is more important now than ever.

It starts with securing one of those top 8 seeds and hosting a regional. Getting a series win on the road against a good team this weekend will go a long way with securing one of those spots. GATA and GO DAWGS!

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You guys are spot on, get hot and get in, after that anything can happen. Pitching has to lead the way.

• swilkerson73swilkerson73 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited May 2019

get in, after that anything can happen. Pitching has to lead the way.

You could have chosen to go with a "Thats what she said" also but you did well.

• MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Didn’t even think about my wording. Used to be my motto too. Lol