Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

My Finebaum appearance

KconnorrileyKconnorriley Posts: 246 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So I went on the Paul Finebaum show yesterday (starts at the 12 minute mark). It was really cool as someone who has listened to the show a lot over the years. I know he's not the most popular figure with everyone but as someone who is still relatively new to all this I did enjoy the experience.

As far as what I said regarding beating Alabama, Paul Finebaum is really good at what he does and getting reporters and media types to give him an answer he's looking for. He pushed Kirby and a few weeks ago on the Georgia-Alabama dynamic this year and of course Kirby handled it way better than I did.)

https://twitter.com/finebaum/status/1136370842013786112

Clearly winning a national championship is very important to this program. I've written that plenty of times. I said as much on the show.

I also do think that beating Alabama is really important to a lot of people. It's important to me as someone who knows a lot of Alabama fans. The larger point I wanted to make(and did make but they're not going to put that in a tweet) is that if Georgia beats Alabama but doesn't win a national title, it can still be a successful season.

A lot of people disagree and that's ok. I realize it's not a great take to have. Winning a championship is still the end goal. I don't think it should result in me being called an idiot and things of that nature but I suppose that just comes with the platform.

Anyway, thanks for reading and following dawgnation. I'm far from perfect and I know I have to get better. But I'm trying ringo, I'm trying real hard.

Comments

• YK_DAWG24YK_DAWG24 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kconnorriley you're cool with me. I like that you give your own opinion to @DawgNationDailyKeep up the good work at dawgnation.

• YK_DAWG24YK_DAWG24 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We're winning the Natty this year.

• cory430cory430 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Eh, the Pulp Fiction reference makes you alright in my book.

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kconnorriley Got stuff here , i listened and you did well for your first go around

• UGAJ0EUGAJ0E Posts: 240 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The good news is that you gave a pretty hot take on something that is going to give finebaum some extra clicks and discussion. That has to help with notoriety and getting back on the show at some point.

Now with that said, come on mannnnn! The natty is the highest priority. If we play LSU in the championship and then dont see bama in the playoff then that doesnt make the natty any less sweet for me.

To each their own though. I ain't mad at you like the Twitter warriors seem to be (and who honestly cares what they have to say anyway?)

Good job on the show and keep it up.

• LD10LD10 Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Not bad for a rookie.

• dawgfantipdawgfantip Posts: 259 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don't always agree with you, but that would make for boring discussion. I think your good at your job with alot of time to get better. Here's hoping you do your growing with us.

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Many years ago an old columnist for the Atlanta Journal (pre AJC) told me, " If I'm not making at least half the readers mad then we're not selling enough papers".

and always remember,

Keep up the good work and the good work will keep you up.

• LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kconnorriley , kudos for walking into the wolves’ den dressed as a sheep. I see your point, but I want to see the Dawgs win a title. If it goes through Bama, great. But it might not. If it doesn’t, we’ll still have to hear chirping from Bama fans, but at least we’ll have a ring to show for it.

By the way, thank you for making the point about how even the talent is between the three teams. I completely agree. From a talent standpoint, we don’t have to get there, we are there. Frankly, I think the key to success this year is between Kirby Smart’s ears.

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not mad at all about your FB appearance. You do a good job everyday with BA and much appreciated. No way I could talk that much publicly and not insert foot. Now please watch this short presentation: