Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Why we Win/Lose

ladawgladawg Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We win because Chaney put up 35 on grantham defense in FIRST half in 15'...
We win because our wolf pack shuts down their running game, forcing Fitzgerald to try and win w his arm..
We win because swift, Chubb, Michel, Nauta, and Godwin are all future long term NFL players that will make plays when they get in space
We win because we don't beat ourselves like lsu did...
We win because the crowd and our special teams

We lose because miss state is just a more complete team.. as of now, the only complete team on our schedule,

What say y'all

Comments

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ladawg My "at second glance" sorry @sethemerson at the MSST v LSU game (really first glance at the stats rather than the score) makes me think that your last point is overstated. On the other thread I posted the following:
    I find it strange that LSU was averaging over 5 yards per carry with Guice/Williams (20 combined att.) but were 50/50 run to pass compared with 75/25 in the first 2 games. Guice had 15 carries v MSST but had 27 against BYU. I have to believe that he wasn't 100% else why abandon the run game. The MSST may not be as good as they think. Here's hoping.
    I realize that when you get behind there is a tendency to go to the air but the game was tied until 5 minutes to go in the 2nd Q and then only down by 3 until 7 secs left in the half. The first 3 minutes of the second (I think) is when LSU lost 2 to targeting.
    As I said with their YPC and the QB problems they have something happened to cause them to pass way more than I ever remember. Does the result overstate MSST and hide something that happened to LSU even if it was Coach O losing the team? Over 5 yds per is not exactly Bama v Fornette numbers.

• thehutch40thehutch40 Posts: 442 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We win...our O line holds their own hat on hat letting our 5 deep RBU boys make plays
    We win...our front seven plays disciplined and contains the run
    We win...Chaney gets the ball to our play makers in space

We lose...the opposite of my "we win" statements.

And if we play like LSU did and take themselves out of he game. I watched my dvr of the game last night, I didn't see some huge domination the media keeps harping about. I saw a good miss st team play a great game while a talented but disjointed LSU team play an awful game where they put themselves in huge holes then gave up later in the game.

• ladawgladawg Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lsu did not set the edge once it felt like.. the star and olb kept diving inside over and over and aereas and fitz kept popping it outside for huge gains... and lsu played under center almost every play.. I think our shotgun offense helps us against this defense

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

Special teams.......they will either let us down or help us win......I'm going out on a limb and predict a run back today.

• ForestryDawgForestryDawg Posts: 29,205 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BoulderDawg said:
    Special teams.......they will either let us down or help us win......I'm going out on a limb and predict a run back today.

We're long due for kick-six, or at least an interception.