Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

McGarity

scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
I don’t know about y’all but after listening to BAs interview with the AD I can’t help but be excited! Highlights:

We can’t judge bending over to accommodate Auburn because we haven’t seen the schedules yet. Then says “well, we’re part of a conference so we have to help the other members.” Which is it?

The administration is doing everything they can to help improve the experience for the average fan. We’d love to serve them beers but our concession stands are run so badly it would be impossible. But we’ve already run studies on alcohol sales and have determined that it’s only practical for the truly special, but we will pay for more studies so people who are rich but not 100k rich can not feel left out. It’s all about the fans!

Georgia/Florida: again, all about the fans baby!

Our scheduling guys are second to none! The fans should be patting us on the back for scheduling home and homes where we go there in a few years and the other team comes to Athens in over a decade. We love the fans so much that we want them to be able to plan for their kids’ kids!

I recently looked back at non football teams and you’d be amazed that we have finished in 2nd place 20+ times! I’m going to make sure that ALL of our programs are on that 2nd best level! For
the fans! 

I hope McG is running for office soon as that was an interview worthy of a politician. 

Comments

• Options
    AFDAWGAFDAWG Posts: 14 ✭✭ Sophomore

I just listened to the interview. I don't have quite the same takeaways as you. I agree he danced around some issues. Most specifically, the question about why it took so long to honor Vince Dooley. As for the Auburn questions, there is nothing he can say that will satisify fans. Unlike fans, he can't say, "We hate Auburn." I thought his response to the scheduling discussion made sense.