Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Aaron Murray considered quitting football after Auburn’s cheap shots

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited July 2019 in Article commenting

imageAaron Murray considered quitting football after Auburn’s cheap shots

Aaron Murray, who still holds the SEC career records for passing yards and passing touchdowns, briefly considered quitting football during his freshman season with UGA in 2010. The former Bulldogs quarterback revealed the little-known story at SEC Media Days to WJOX radio’s “3 Man Front,” via Saturday Down South. It

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

As always that's the kind of stuff that goes on at Auburn, if they had played in Athens, he would've been ejected. Guess we'll see what kind of dirty stuff they get away with this year. Georgia can never get a break when playing @ Auburn or playing Alabama, period.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Especially with this being a make or break year for malzahn. See how much money he invests in his referees.

• Options
    ronjbaronjba Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

Very loud noises!

• Options
    GoodLifeGoodLife Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

AM took a beating at times because he trusted his OL to give him the protection. Just imagine how prolific he would have been with the current OL in front of him???

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not suprising considering auburnt has gotten away with this for years..way to go Ben..screw the barn!!!

• Options
    edited July 2019

And screw the cess pool city known as Auburn, Alabama also.. The crap collects there.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I still despise Fairly and am not enamored with Cheatzik for his exciting congratulations to Fairly on the sidelines after that play. It happened three times before refs flagged him. Auburn went from respected foe to near Gator hatred with that game.

• Options
    rockswedenrocksweden Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

Karma got that POS nick fairley. heart condition took him outta the NFL & I don’t feel the least bit bad about it either.

• Options
    rjallenrjallen Posts: 74 ✭✭✭ Junior

When the law [in this case the refs] fail to protect is citizens, the people [the players] have the right to act. Ben Watson DGD. Thanks Ben.

• Options
    Dawgfan1995Dawgfan1995 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

And that video didn't even show the play on the first drive of the game when Fairley took the crown of his helmet and ran it up Murray's chin -- which is where the blood on Murray's jersey came from.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Those illegal hits were the most disgusting thing I have ever seen in an SEC football game, in any football game for that matter. It looked so bad that the next week when Auburn played Alabama the officials called a fathom flag on Fairley to start the game.

What I find even more disgusting is how the Officials allowed it to happen, and I think I know why. Alabama already had two loses. SC who represented the East in the SECCG had three loses. Auburn was undefeated, and therefore the SEC's only chance at getting a team in the BCS Championship game.

But Auburn had a glaring problem because they couldn't stop the forward pass as they ranked dead last in the SEC for passing defense. Georgia and Murray were a very bad match-up for a defense who couldn't hold any decent offense under 300 yards passing. I will always believe that it was communicated to Auburn that they had the green light to take Murray out of the game, just to keep Auburn undefeated and to keep an SEC team on track for the NCG.

Also, Cam Newton should've been ejected early in the game for punching Bacarri Rambo, but that wasn't in the Official's game plan...

The Georgia Auburn game used to be a great and respectable rivalry. That all changed after that game in 2010...

• Options
    SECorBustSECorBust Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

It was a pretty good football game prior to that. I felt like he should have been ejected once I saw what happened. There was nothing that you could do to make up for it. They weren't the same without a healthy Murray. I'm a Bama fan/Alumn but I was at every Auburn home game in 2010. Live the only thing I could clearly see from my seat was the hit on the knee which was nasty AF.

I really hated Fairley after seeing that. I also don't care that he has been forced out of the sport. He got in trouble in the NFL too for those type shenanigans.

• Options

Scam Newton.. That NC with him at QB was bought, not earned. Liked Carolina until they drafted a cheat

• Options

The barn nation showed their true, low class side during that game. And it will never change, they'll always be low class idiots.