Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Who has been the biggest Debby Downer today

BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited February 2017 in General

Hard choice?

Who has been the biggest Debby Downer today 24 votes

SnoopDawg
33%
burnthickorydawgRetiredRedcoatBigGAdawgJGoodmanRobbiejowillpruden3jb6423Rudy55 8 votes
Tiger_62082
54%
SavageDawg17RLanceCDawgdaddy80godawgs17BamaDawgJayDogdaddydawg72BullyDawgSWARLES_BARKLEYNoogaDawgbubbadawgBobcatGradTdub0199 13 votes
MinnesotaDawg
8%
Dawg88SnoopDawg 2 votes
Someone Else
4%
101Dawgnations 1 vote

Comments

• Dawgdaddy80Dawgdaddy80 Posts: 64 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Tiger_62082

Would need more than one vote for this honestly

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Tiger_62082

A little public shaming?

I don't think MinnesotaDawg was all that bad. I didn't think the doubts or criticisms were all that outrageous. Snoop surprised me a little with his perspective. Still, people can see the glass as half empty. Tiger was by far the most outrageous in his criticism. Stating opinion as fact with nothing to back up his claims comes across as trollish. When called on it, he doubled down. Still, he is entitled to his opinion.

• daddydawg72daddydawg72 Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    Tiger_62082

@Dawgdaddy80 said:
    Would need more than one vote for this honestly

THIS!

• dawghousedawghouse Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ouch. We can do better than discussions like these.

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Tiger_62082

If you are going to come on here with nothing but negativity, then what do you expect. While I haven't read everything each of these have posted, everything I have read has been negative.

• Dawg88Dawg88 Posts: 202 ✭✭✭ Junior
    MinnesotaDawg

@tiger_62082 has been the biggest d-bag troll today, followed closely by @SnoopDawg but I voted for @MinnesotaDawg as the Debby Downer because he seems like he could be a serious person. He's just a bit confused about how this all works. I believe he has the capacity for some character improvement.

And if you don't like discussions like this, you can thank these guys for deliberately trolling the site. They don't have anything, not even common sense, to back up their whiny falsehoods. So they're gonna get called out.

edited February 2017
    Tiger_62082

@dawghouse said:
    Ouch. We can do better than discussions like these.

I'm open to all opinions when they seem to be based in some measure of reality. When presented with the words from the horses mouth (Warner) as to why he didn't choose UGA, tiger kept saying the coaching staff turned him away. He simply ignored the truth coming from Warner and doubled down on his false claim. It was obvious trolling.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I pretty much accepted there was gonna be some ridiculous drama on this board last night, when threads were being started about completely frivolous rumors. Jeff Sentell stepped in and debunked one that was so silly, there was no way we needed his knowledge to debunk it.

So for me personally, I'm giving everyone a pass on the drama today, this thread included.

• SnoopDawgSnoopDawg Posts: 660 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    MinnesotaDawg

Preacher tellin the truth and it hurts
    Up in herrrrre

LOL, it's like snoop is campaigning to win...

edited February 2017
    Tiger_62082

Tiger, I don't like being at odds with folks. Following the Dawgs is a hobby, so to speak, and having conversation on these boards is usually fun. When I have a few minutes in my day, I enjoy participating. So take this as an olive branch. I realize things might have been said on both sides of the debate that were unfortunate. I'm willing to wipe the slate clean if you are willing. Most of us just want to have fun and do not want this kind of drama. Our failing is we love our Dawgs and will support the coaches and the program rather vociferously at times.

If you really want to have a dialog, then perhaps it would be helpful to refrain from calling people "delusional" and "mean spirited." Perhaps one might stop impugning the intelligence of others by saying they, "can't think critically". That is how others see you when you level what appears to be mean spirited criticism toward our coaches or program. I realize you may truly feel like it is warranted--but you offered no substantiation to what you were saying on NSD. You took what appears to be only your feelings and pronounced them as absolute truth. When that is stated over and over again in multiple discussions, it starts to look like trolling.

Personally, I don't think there is anything wrong with having strong opinions and sticking with them. But it helps if people can understand where you are coming from with it. For my part, I can tell you where I am coming from in opposition. Seth Emerson addressed our difference of opinion. He said he understood where the criticism of our recruiting "finish" was coming from--but he posed a question that I think is important. Hopefully, I'm being true to what he wrote--but he basically asked how people who share your criticism would respond if some of our early success had been revealed on NSD? If we had flipped Fromm from Alabama and signed Isaiah Wilson and a couple other 4 stars on NSD, would you be saying we didn't finish strong? We would still be finishing in the top five nationally in recruiting even if we didn't get Solomon or JW. Would that change your perspective? For most of us, the class was finished on NSD and we were looking for the cherry on top of that ice cream sundae. It was a day to celebrate, not attack the work of the coaches. The criticism seemed so unfathomable, it was taken as trolling. If wrong, then I apologize and would like to let bygones be bygones.

edited February 2017
    Tiger_62082

@tiger_62082 , I don't think constructive criticism means what you think it means. I agree with @JayDog. If there had been 2-3 "silent committs" that had announced on signing day, you would be singing a different tune. Did we miss 1 or 2 that I wished we would have gotten, hell yeah. But does that make me think that Kirby can't close, hell no. As I said earlier, I have no doubt that I didn't read all the comments you posted yesterday, but the ones I did were all negative, not constructive. If you happened to have posted a few of those, congrats. As for "thread like this ... prioritiz(ing) who (you) interact with", LMAO.

The real Debby Downers are the jerk-offs who can't accept we had a bad NSD and have to come up with all kinds of long-winded excuses for it...

Tiger_62082

@levander said:
    The real Debby Downers are the jerk-offs who can't accept we had a bad NSD and have to come up with all kinds of long-winded excuses for it...

This is beyond a doubt the most idiotic response I have yet to see on this board. In case you missed it, the headline reads "UGA signs the #3 class in the nation". You are obviously one of those individuals that can find something wrong with anything. THE #3 CLASS. Arguably, Georgia's best class ever. Idiotic!!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.