Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Parking/tailgating at Vanderbilt

USADawgUSADawg Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Okay, have my tickets, have a hotel room a little outside of town, but am wondering where folks park when visiting Vanderbilt Stadium and if there is any particular tailgating areas for Dawgs.  Everything I've been able to find is all about bar hopping.  Is that all there is at Vanderbilt or do folks set up canopies, grill, etc.?

Tagged:

Comments

• Dawg0924Dawg0924 Posts: 130 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well if you’ve never been to Nashville, Broadway St is all about the bars. Opryland is out of town good place to go if you have time to see the Opry live and enjoy the music. Still contemplating getting tickets and going to the game since I doubt I’ll get to another this year. Never been to game at Vandy so unsure of their tailgate life

• MWorkman17MWorkman17 Posts: 229 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

In 2005, I rode with a local Bulldog club on a charter bus out of Dalton to go to the Vandy game. The bus parked at the park beside the Parthenon and we were able to tailgate there. Since Vandy’s stadium is a short walk from that park, it was an ideal location. I highly recommend going to see a game there. Since the stadium is small and full of Georgia fans, it is a fun atmosphere.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

there is a hotel right by the stadium and every time my wife and I go the tailgating is in the lobby. Dawg fans everywhere drinks right there and food not to far from the hotel. Can’t remember the hotel name, but it has to be only nice one by the stadium

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe it’s the Renaissance

• bvilledawgbvilledawg Posts: 85 ✭✭✭ Junior

If you have kids in tow, the Nashville zoo is worth checking out. If you can't find a room near the stadium, stay south of stadium towards Murfreesboro. That way, you have a head start when heading out on Sunday.

• USADawgUSADawg Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks all for the input. Looking forward to a great night game with the Dawgs!

• tbiatbia Posts: 53 ✭✭ Sophomore

Let me add this. We were just in Nashville a couple of weeks ago, and there is a TON of construction going on on their campus. There were plenty of lots fenced off and closed. Dropping off the wife for her conference, we could get no closer than about 2 blocks away.

• PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We parked on 28th Avenue N. near the Centennial Park volleyball courts.