Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Falcon's 1st rd pick the OT with a heart condition they drafted anyway is not at their game tonight

JamesTwitJamesTwit Posts: 422 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He had a medical procedure this week to get his heart beating back in rhythm. Lol. Yea sure. Falcons know what they're doing. Trust them. Really.

Comments

• TMazz2009TMazz2009 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Traded up to get him as well. Oh boy.....hopefully he gets back in the mix but it is starting off rocky. I assume the team doctors did their homework and cleared him but if I was TD then I would want some answers.

• JamesTwitJamesTwit Posts: 422 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

...btw TV said this is the 3rd such procedure he had had. Had it done a couple of times in college.

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They knew about it and cleared him. This is like the 3rd time he's had to have this "procedure". TD needs to stick to drafting WRs in the early rounds.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Par the course

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He had to get his heart checked. TD needs to get his head checked. Why is something like this coming up in August? Guess it isn’t routine.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The problem I had with the move is they probably could have got the guy in the 2nd rd. They way overpaid. As far as his heart condition, I don't know enough to make much of a comment.

• Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Meanwhile New England is drafting Dawgs.

Coach Bro is all bout those NE Oregon State offensive linemen and their flexible hips.....while they get mauled every year by SEC players.

They scratch their head and wonder why. They make play-doh seem like rocket science.

• DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

TD should have been fired when they fired Smith.

I don't know how the 2019 draft will pan out. In the 3 classes from 2016 through 2018 there are currently 9 starters and 6 2nd teamers though. The heart of a defense that was top 10 by the end of the 2017 season has come in those drafts.

Grady Jarrett

Deion Jones

Keanu Neal

Tak Mckinley

DeVonte Campbell

Isaiah Oliver

Duke Riley

Demonta Kazee

Deadrin Senat

There is still hope Vic Beasley will return to form, but it has to be this year or he's gone.

That is a lot of young talent. Last year was aborted by injuries, this is a critical season we're entering.

• BlantonBlanton Posts: 16 ✭ Freshman

DQ is supposed to be a defensive genius? He should have been fired two years ago, the defense has underperformed for several years and the offensive line has been a joke. The GM should have been let go also just for the terrible draft picks.

• AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I know last night was the first pre-season game, but just AWFUL!

• PNW_dawgPNW_dawg Posts: 29 ✭✭ Sophomore

Maybe DQ will get fired and then Kirby can take the job. Then the falcons will be winning Super Bowls every year. Am I right??

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Falcons have drafted well overall. Look at their starters, most have come through DQ's and TD's drafts... I was scratching my head with their early picks this year, but remember that I'm left nearly every draft scratching my head with them, but it ends up working out more often than not. So, I'll trust their judgement over mine until proven otherwise.

Regarding the defense, DQ came into a bad situation when he took over. Since he's taken over:

2015: 16th in total defense

2016: 25th in total defense

2017: 9th in total defense

2018: 28th (with a ton of starters injured most of the year)

Considering the Falcons were pretty much 25th-32nd in defense when he took over, he's done well while building solid younger talent. I think they had a chance to be great last season before all the injuries, so we'll see what they can do this year.

• SweetJeebaSweetJeeba Posts: 8 ✭✭ Sophomore
    edited August 2019

Check the box score. How many names do you even recognize ? The real team won't see the field till maybe the first half of game 3.

Yep 2017 defense.

total yards 8th

points per game 8th

passing yards per game 12th

rushing yards per game 9th

By the end of the year they were very good and I believe it was the youngest defense in the league. We'll find out a lot this season.

• LD10LD10 Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Different players out there in the final minutes but same results. Lost in final 2 minutes because we could not defend a pass. Shaub was awful.

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The first NFL pre-season games had worse ratings than usual. Wondering if the NFL has peaked due to the flag issues, costs of games, or if it’s just competition with other entertainment options.

It's meaningless till the players who will actually see the field in regular season get playing time. These first 2 preseason scrimmages are just to figure out which low draft picks and invited free agents might be able to help the team.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Doubt it’s flag issues, they nipped that in the Bud last year and the ratings bounced back. I think it was lack of advertising for the game bc I had no idea it was on until people posted about it here