Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

'Rat Trap' Richard LeCounte beaming with confidence in Georgia football secondary

SystemSystem Posts: 10,490 admin
edited August 2019 in Article commenting

image'Rat Trap' Richard LeCounte beaming with confidence in Georgia football secondary

Georgia coach Kirby Smart pushes safety Richard LeCounte like few others, and that has led to LeCounte's becoming one of the top players at his position in the nation

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I still don't know why Kirby uses that term or exactly what it means.

Maybe that doesn't matter, but it seems to me it would have made for a better article had the meaning been obvious and clear. {Or, maybe it was, and I just missed it.}.

In any case, let's hope our secondary is as good as all that. Particularly in their consistency.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019

I don't like arrogance or overconfidence, but you have to be confident in everything you do.

As long as they don't get cocky, I'm good with the attitude that they're one of the best.

• Options
    pippin888pippin888 Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

Jim if your talking about the excellence vs perfection no one is going to be perfect but excellence is attainable.

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Arrogance is a posture that probably doesn't play well.with Coach Smart. Striving for excellence means you are doing everything you can to be prepared to do your job. Sacrificing, studying, etcetera. While we have had talented teams prior to 2016, the players we have now have accepted Coach Smart's proven system and disciplines that are required to succeed. Not every recruit is going to be able to humble himself to allow the process to take over, but it's gratifying to see those that acquiesced reach their full potential. Come on Vanderbilt! AND GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    HamdawgHamdawg Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

Surely, we have players on the roster who can tackle better than Lecounte...too many times he's either getting run over or grabbing air.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I like LeCounte, but since the subject has been raised, it seems technique has been as much an issue as bulk when it comes to his tackling. Hopefully that's being addressed as well (would be surprised if it weren't).

On another note, it's never really explained what a rat trap has to do with assignment soundness...

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Farming some one else's land, LeCounte, is he guilty of not being responsible for farming his own land in football games, leaving his own farm to go and make tackles on another players farm? A lot of players do that in the heat of battle. to the detriment of the team. On defense especially, if you leave your own farm (or area you are responsible for) and go to some one else's farm ( an area they are responsible for), then you are leaving an area that nobody else can or will cover. As for "Rat Trap", that's Kirby speak, trying to motivate players, to try to attain excellence at their craft. Nobody is or will ever be perfect, but they can work hard and then harder every day to be the best at what they do. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's the rat trap stuff that I don't understand. The rest made perfect sense to me.

Go, Dawgs!