Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Brenton Cox to Gators?

Comments

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It hurts them and helps us. That's a big winner for us.

• Options
    RedDawgRedDawg Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If I had the time, I'd pull up some UF board threads and comments when COX got arrested for weed in his room...you know when they called him a **** and talked trash.... Now they welcome him and praise his addition to the team...hilarious. I hope his attitude doesnt change and he just moves it into their locker room. If the coaches were on him and trying to teach...you can bet the UF coaches will see the same faults and try to coach him the same stuff....gonna be quite the reality check for Cox ....like "dang even these coaches think I need to get better..."HA Would be a thing of beauty if he doesn't crack 2 deep down there either...but we all know the situation in the swamp, they just need bodies right now, this was a desperately needed pair of legs for them.

I hope we hang 40+ on them in a shut out this year.

• Options
    razorachillesrazorachilles Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How great would it be if this was an elaborate ploy by Kirby to go full Jerry Rogers with Cox, knowing that Mullen would take him.

UGA - 73

UF - 0

• Options
    Dawgy_FreshDawgy_Fresh Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think Cox will be a future NFL player if he becomes teachable. He was just a freshman last year and played a lot. I’d be surprised if he was able to play this year but he will ball out in his RS sophomore/junior/senior seasons. Guy has 3 playin seasons to put it together.

I will not wish him any success because eff Fu.

• Options
    3rdshift3rdshift Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

headline should read, " cox gets portald by freshman smith" congrats gators ?? ...dear uf, your teams best recruiter is a freshman for uga.....instead of celebrating..... take a good hard look at your program. beyond pathetic..... side note- uga/kirby may just portal mullet this yr....

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I strongly doubt he gets a waiver to play this year after which both Thomas and Wilson will be gone.

• Options
    DCochranDCochran Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    bhs11bhs11 Posts: 457 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019

Reuben Foster has an Auburn tattoo and went to Bama. Although he got the tattoo when he committed to the barn (but obviously flipped to Bama). But still pretty funny...

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/4/12/14725378/alabama-reuben-foster-auburn-tattoo-2017-nfl-draft

• Options
    mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We subtracted a negative to yield a positive.

They added a negative yielding a negative.

I’m no rocket surgeon but I feel pretty good about that math.

• Options
    LORLOR Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good luck, Cox. I hope he turns it around and becomes a great player, but his signing isn’t going to make that gap between UGA and UF that much closer. Look at the classes both teams are bringing in...the gap is getting wider every day.

• Options
    TomGroseTomGrose Posts: 221 ✭✭✭ Junior

Were he and Beal demoted to Third Team as a result of their violations, with the understanding they would have to work their way back up the depth chart?

It seems to me that the idea that the other guys had outplayed the both of them to gain a footing in the two-deep, leaving them both behind, is a little premature. There were times last year when Beal looked like an absolute monster.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate