Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Brenton Cox, former 5-star Georgia football linebacker, on Florida roster

SystemSystem Posts: 10,460 admin
edited August 2019 in Article commenting

imageBrenton Cox, former 5-star Georgia football linebacker, on Florida roster

At the beginning of the week, outside linebacker Brenton Cox was on the Georgia roster. Now on Friday, he's on the Florida roster. On Monday, Cox went into the transfer portal. On Friday, Cox's name appeared on Florida's roster. He will be wearing the No. 6 jersey for Florida. It is not known whether he will be

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 793 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He'll do well at UF, Best wishes to him.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He'll be one of the higher character players on UF's roster! A shoving match with a teammate is nothing compared to crimes against women and a player wrapping his hands around the throat of a female tutor because she was insistent on the player staying for his entire session. Kirby and UGA to Mullet and UF...from the penthouse to the outhouse!

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hope he grows up sometime soon.

• Options
    f60alconf60alcon Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

People like him always get into more trouble within the next year you will hear his name again on police report!

• Options
    Jboogie24Jboogie24 Posts: 7 ✭ Freshman

I figured out UF was his destination from a TopBillin video a couple days ago ... I just laughed. Can't cut the mustard at UGA, so UF is your choice?? Lolol .. what a lame!!!! Stuff like that lets me know where his heart was & why everyone was always calling his effort into question. You think you're just going to roll out of bed & be an NFL player one day?? We WORK around here, son!!! That's why you got passed up on the depth chart by **** near every OLB on the roster!!!! Grow up!! As I wish him the best, I laugh .. bc I realize he won't be doing that in Gainesville anytime soon. Whomp whomp

• Options
    f60alconf60alcon Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman
  • Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

No sour grapes here but I don't understand why everyone wishes him the best. You are given an opportunity, i.e. Fields, Cox, and others but can't cut it and decide to leave. That shows a lack of character to me, run out on your commitments. He fumbled his potential at UGA, I could care less what happens to him. I see the opening of a scholarship to give another well deserving kid an chance.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I just hope Mullen won't "make his problems go away" like some coached would do if he keeps doing the same things that got him into trouble at UGA.

The transfer is likely a win-win for all involved. Florida gets Ga's 4th string OLB, who will likely see the field just as soon as he's eligible. Georgia gets to spend the scholarship on another player who's willing to play by the rules, and who could actually become a productive player for the team.

• Options
    ByrdManByrdMan Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

That didn't take long!

• Options
    DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

A true sign of high character - when you can't cut it, cut and run.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019

Well... I guess he's their problem now.

On the flip side, I really can't imagine me ever getting excited about taking a Gator reject. Especially one dismissed due to assumed attitude problems.

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mullen appears to be in desperation mode now. He has been losing players from his roster left and right. Somehow I can see an opportunity for Mullen to bash Georgia again, saying they got one of our players. Stay humble Dawgs, keep grinding and do your talking on the field on November 2nd! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019

I guess when you can't compete against the best on a daily basis, there's always flawida to fall back on lol

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wish him good luck at Last Chance U. Hopefully he will learn to be respectful of his teammates and coaches. No wants a player who is not coachable and tells his coach to f__k off.

• Options
    DoctorDawg92DoctorDawg92 Posts: 14 ✭ Freshman

You want to support the Dawg family but when you turn Gator then I don't know. If he ever gets on the field then I won't mind seeing KMilt run him over. Or Darnell Washington (wink wink).

• Options
    Louis8478Louis8478 Posts: 168 ✭✭✭ Junior

Wow! So Cox go and join the enemy? What is up with that? Oh well, my Dawgs will be just fine. LOL!

• Options
    Cmills1980Cmills1980 Posts: 15 ✭ Freshman

Im glad he is gone. Everybody smoking weed needs to pack their bags and hit the road before it cost us a big time game.

• Options
    jrmdvm1jrmdvm1 Posts: 131 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hey dawgpoop....I don't agree with bashing him for whatever reasons he decided to transfer. But, the circumstances of the transfers you mention are very different from Mr.Cox'x transfer. I do reserve the right to NOT place him in the "Once a Dawg, Always a Dawg" group just because he chose to transfer to an SEC East rival.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

UF is getting a very talented DE/OLB. Good luck to you Brenton! I hope you are very successful at Florida but also hope your team loses big to UGA during your time there. I know I am not perfect so I will not be casting stones. Grace given is grace received.