Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Super Bowl Thread

GDAWG2716GDAWG2716 Posts: 19 ✭ Freshman

Can't wait for Sunday, how bout y'all? What're y'alls predictions?
I'm goin falcons 35 - 31 pats

Comments

• amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Falcons 38 - 27

• DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@GDAWG2716 said:
    Can't wait for Sunday, how bout y'all? What're y'alls predictions?
    I'm goin falcons 35 - 31 pats

I'm right there with you on that. Except add 3 to each.

• GDAWG2716GDAWG2716 Posts: 19 ✭ Freshman

Bill Barnwell has pats winning 34-17. i find that outrageous.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2017

This game is going to be so offensively driven, I'm looking at it like a tennis match. The team that holds serve the most consistently will win the match.

The Patriots have been playing better defenses than the Falcons have got. But those defenses were able to stop the Patriots from scoring occasionally.

The Falcons played the best defense that made the playoffs, the Seahawks, and the Seahawks were almost hopeless at stopping the Falcons from scoring every drive. I think there was one drive in the first half that the Falcons didn't score.

I say the Falcons defense continues to improve and stops the Patriots from scoring a couple more times than the Patriots stop the Falcons.

The Falcons win, 41-30. With some garbage scoring at the end by New England as they try to mount a comeback. They won't be disheartened and give up as easily as Green Bay did.

So Basically, every time I see the Falcons get the ball, I'm hoping they score or I'm gonna be worried. That's gonna be my mindset for watching the game.

• daddydawg72daddydawg72 Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Whoever has the ball last. I hope it's the Falcons though.

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2017

definitely a high scoring game ... Falcons 38-30.. Falcons create 2 turnovers...

• SavageDawg17SavageDawg17 Posts: 1,535 mod

Falcons Rise Up to the tune of a 34-27 win over Brady and Coach Hoodie!

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Falcons 37-34. Though that's a homer prediction.

• Steve4fwbSteve4fwb Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

Honesty compels me to say I'm nervous about this game. I have faith the Falcons have prepared well. I know the offense is incredible. I know the defense continues to improve. I want the Falcons to win badly. And the 'homer' in me will never, EVER pick against them; but I'm also trying to be realistic. I'm gonna say the Falcons win a shoot out ~ 40-37.

@Steve4fwb said:
    Honesty compels me to say I'm nervous about this game. I have faith the Falcons have prepared well. I know the offense is incredible. I know the defense continues to improve. I want the Falcons to win badly. And the 'homer' in me will never, EVER pick against them; but I'm also trying to be realistic. I'm gonna say the Falcons win a shoot out ~ 40-37.

You are nervous? I don't know how long you have been a Falcon fan, but given our history in the playoffs--I am always nervous. This being only our second Super Bowl--I'm trying not to think about it. I have an alarm set on my phone to get me in front of the TV tomorrow. :#

Analysis of Loss: Our defense was gassed in the 4th quarter. Time of possession ultimately killed us. There were other problems that contributed to the loss, but none were as serious as this one. The other major factor--they were mostly successful in physically knocking our receivers off their routes the entire game.

Just a note, living in the north east I have come to believe what everyone who is not an NE fan says--NE is favored in calls (and non-calls) by the refs. Refs didn't beat us though. We didn't adjust and that is on us.

@JayDog said:
    Analysis of Loss: Our defense was gassed in the 4th quarter. Time of possession ultimately killed us. There were other problems that contributed to the loss, but none were as serious as this one. The other major factor--they were mostly successful in physically knocking our receivers off their routes the entire game.

Just a note, living in the north east I have come to believe what everyone who is not an NE fan says--NE is favored in calls (and non-calls) by the refs. Refs didn't beat us though. We didn't adjust and that is on us.

I was at the game last night. Early lead took Patriots fans out of the game early. They outnumbered us 10-1 it felt like. So, when Brady started mounting the comeback the fans chimed in and it got loud for the Falcons offense. Also, we didn't have the edge rush anymore after Coleman was injured. That, and a few questionable coaching calls hurt our offense. Then, as you said the D was gassed and couldn't get to Brady anymore. I knew we lost when that coin flipped in NE's favor last night. It was devastating to say the least, but glad to have been there all the same. Proud of the Birds!

@Dawgsauce said:

@JayDog said:

I was at the game last night. Early lead took Patriots fans out of the game early. They outnumbered us 10-1 it felt like. So, when Brady started mounting the comeback the fans chimed in and it got loud for the Falcons offense. Also, we didn't have the edge rush anymore after Coleman was injured. That, and a few questionable coaching calls hurt our offense. Then, as you said the D was gassed and couldn't get to Brady anymore. I knew we lost when that coin flipped in NE's favor last night. It was devastating to say the least, but glad to have been there all the same. Proud of the Birds!

Yeah, that coin flip for OT. My heart sank with that one. Our D couldn't take being out there any more. I was checking stats. NE ran 93 plays to our 46. Time of possession--40:31 - 23:27. That is what killed us really. It didn't help that the game was called so lopsided either. NE had 4 penalties for 23 yards. We were called for 9 penalties for 65 yards. Again, that didn't beat us, but it should not have been so one-sided when NE was committing plenty of uncalled infractions. When you play a team like NE, you have to overcome those things and we didn't. It is on us.

@JayDog Those 3rd down defensive holding calls, all 3 of them back to back. Those were killers.

@Dawgsauce said:
    @JayDog Those 3rd down defensive holding calls, all 3 of them back to back. Those were killers.

Yep. I think that drive was the one in which our defense lost all steam. One of those penalties was legit. The others were suspect. Especially considering what their defenders were doing to our WR's coming off the line and at the top of their route. That too, helped change the game. We just didn't adjust to the way the game was being called.

I've been a Falcon fan for most of their 51 years of existence and have been on the short end of a lot of painful games. This one is the most painful. It is even worse that UGA's loss to Alabama in the SEC Championship. The offense didn't pick up the D. They played their hearts out in the first three quarters and all we needed to do was get a couple of first downs. Oh, this is going to hurt a long time.

@JayDog From Radi at Rivals
    "
    "Fans of the both the Falcons and #UGA have suffered:
    2017 SuperBowl
    2016 UT Hail Mary
    2014 Tech OT
    2013 Prayer in Jordan-Hare
    2012 SECC game"