Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

3 takeaways from Kirby Smart: Style points, sideline assignment, Monty Rice

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited August 2019 in Article commenting

image3 takeaways from Kirby Smart: Style points, sideline assignment, Monty Rice

Georgia football coach Kirby Smart will keep James Coley on the sideline to call plays at the start of the season, and the Bulldogs figure to score plenty of points

Read the full story here

Comments

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Light 'em up! Don't leave anything to chance! As bad as the LSU loss hurt our chances of making the playoffs and the Committee being what it is, there's still the fact that in a close game with UF at the half, with a little over a minute we got inside the 10 and with six seconds left in the half had to settle for a field goal WITH TWO TOs remaining! Style points absolutely matter. Putting up TDs rather than FGs is a huge stat. Red zone efficiency can be important when evaluating teams with similar resumes! I'm glad Kirby is learning!

• andrews1253andrews1253 Posts: 427 ✭✭✭ Junior

Visuals from the box greatly enhance a coaches ability to access what the defense is trying to do. Communication is easy via phone, so what other reason would the OC have for staying on the field?

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 620 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I love Kirby Smart, I really do. I hope he’s our coach for the next 20 years. But ****, haven’t we all been talking about style points and not taking our foot off of the pedal for over a decade now? Go Dawgs!

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well, it;s season four. By now all the coaches should have graduated from Football 101. Keep your foot on the gas for 4 quarters, not 2, and not 3. If you have a big lead in the fourth quarter and the second offensive unit is in the game, let them run the same offense that the first unit ran. Not just handing the ball off three straight times, then punt.