Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Cover 4 on Georgia football: What will show UGA throws it more in 2019?

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited August 2019 in Article commenting

imageCover 4 on Georgia football: What will show UGA throws it more in 2019?

Will Georgia football rely on the passing game more in 2019? The standard in Athens to to set the tone with a physical downhill rushing attack. That won't change this fall, but look for the Bulldogs to put the ball in the air more this fall.

Read the full story here

Comments

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019

What will convince me we're throwing the ball more is when we get out to a big lead in these early games, turn the game into a passing scrimmage.

Practice, practice, practice.

I said it in 2017 and it really didn't happen in games with big leads. How many dropped passes did we see?

If we want to get top rated WRs and TEs, we've got to have a passing game worth them coming here.

Plus, I don't want us to run just because we can...save the RBs!

I don't think the "we're keeping our big plays until we play big opponents" works. If we've got it, we need to use it.

• RGBRGB Posts: 172 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think in the two cupcake games before Notre Dame, we need to air it out. Why. To keep the Irish from coming into town with a 8 in the box scheme, then we HAVE to throw. Make them game plan to respect the pass.

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Run or pass, I don't care. Just win, Baby!

• johnchappelljohnchappell Posts: 66 ✭✭✭ Junior

It will all come down to players that make the plays. If it turns out that we have one or two receivers that just cannot be stopped, then we will keep tossing the ball to them. If it's running the ball, then that's what we'll be doing. Kirby has repeatedly said that balance to him is no purely based on run/pass ratio.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Average close to 40 p/game and who cares! There are so many variables within any play that to think on this play we throw to this receiver is too simplistic. That's where I wouldn't trade Jake for any QB in the nation! He is the absolute best at recognizing defenses and adjusting personnel pre-snap to take advantage of favorable match-ups and mismatches based on the play that's called. Coley may call the play but his main job is to have Jake prepared to run the offense.

• GBALGBAL Posts: 739 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Just see the stats after 3-4 games. Are we throwing more or not?

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I agree, run up the score, never take your gas off the pedal. The more dominant we appear the more likely the committee is to vote in our favor. That is the Saban formula and BAMA is always in the conversation in part due to their relentless nature of dominating lesser opponents. We can still save our first team and run up the score with our second and third teams!

The irony of this season is that many potential receiving recruits (Arik Gilbert) will be looking to see if we throw a little more under Coley; yet, this is one of the most talented set of RBs we have had since Guirley, Marshal, Michel and Chubb were on campus together.

It's so great to be a GA bulldog. I feel like I am going to pop in these remaining days.

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well, when we throw at least 8 passes a game to the TE's and at least 15 passes a game to the WR's, and at least 6 passes a game to the RB's. then that would convince me that Kirby is more serious about winning it all in 2019.