Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

5 keys for Georgia to avoid upset at Vanderbilt: Starts with coaching

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited August 2019 in Article commenting

image5 keys for Georgia to avoid upset at Vanderbilt: Starts with coaching

Georgia football coach Kirby Smart needs to set the tone for Vanderbilt in the locker room and with his play calling against the Commodores

Read the full story here

Comments

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

1)hit

2)somebody

3) In

4) The

5)Mouth!!!!

those are my keys to avoiding upset. I want to see aggression covering all aspects of the game. I need the taste from our last 2 games cleansed out of my mouth!

• GoodLifeGoodLife Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

UPSET???? UGA wins by 3, maybe 4 TDs!!!

• bodie79bodie79 Posts: 17 ✭✭ Sophomore

I think Kirby this off-season took a long look at himself in regards to taking his foot off the gas in games and playing not to lose mentality. He needs to have a killer instinct and finish off opponents and not worry about being the nice guy. I think his "Do more" mantra is him realizing its going to take more to achieve his goals in the end.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm sure Vandy has a plan but like Iron Mike Tyson said, "Everybody has a plan...until they get hit in the mouth."

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm sorry, I don't follow (or believe) this narrative of CKS "taking his foot off the gas." We lost two games before the bowl game, the first because we just got outplayed and outcoached and never had the opportunity to ease up. And the second, to Alabama, wasn't us taking our foot off the gas -- it was our All-Everything field goal kicker missing a chip shot field goal that turned the momemtum of the game, combined with the loss of a key defensive player. The offense was trying to go, but the spark had left. Just because we didn't win 75-0 in our other games, doesn't mean we took our feet off the gas. And even if we had won by those large margins, if our record had been the same, we STILL wouldn't have made the playoffs last year after that loss to Alabama. The lack of lopsided victories was NOT the reason we didn't make it into the Final Four! Go Dawgs!

• Cmills1980Cmills1980 Posts: 15 ✭ Freshman

Please NO more fakes!!

• andrews1253andrews1253 Posts: 427 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm baffled by those who criticize Kirby. He's built the best football program we have ever had in this state. I enjoy watching him learn and improve as does every other successful coach and yes that includes the head scratcher mistakes.